Fill- your-own Enteric coated capsules? - Over-the-Counter (OTC) Treatments - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Fill- your-own Enteric coated capsules?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 EarnestAccord

EarnestAccord

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 01:10 AM

Advertisement
I've been looking for enteric coated capsules that I could buy empty and then fill with my own probiotic of choice. Not all probiotic blends offer enteric coated versions. Anybody know of a source for these?
Earnestly seeking my Accord

#2 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34954 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 05:28 AM

I found this:
quote:
Q: Do you carry 'enteric coated' capsules?A: "Enteric coating" is a process which is done after a capsule has been filled, therefore it isn't possible to sell empty enteric-coated capsules.
http://www.cap-m-quik.com/faq.htmlI'm speculating, but I would think you'd have to do it after they are filled because it would seal the halves together so the acids can't get in where the capsule comes together.For what it's worth as much as the places that sell enteric coated probiotics say it is the only way they will work I have had plenty of luck with the non-coated brands I used as long as they were a company that I could trust to actually put the right bacteria in the pill.K.
My story of beating IBS: My Story with IBS
Ph.D in Biology

#3 EarnestAccord

EarnestAccord

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 01:10 PM

Yeh, that's what I assumed untill I took a closer look at my Pentasa medication and they are not sealed togather. There is a coating but it doesn;t span the seam.
Earnestly seeking my Accord

#4 jcw1234455

jcw1234455

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 02:49 PM

https://www.amazon.c...&ref=nb_sb_noss

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here