Anybody from michigan - IBS Support Group Meetups - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Anybody from michigan

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 10:03 AM

Advertisement
Anybody from Michigan who would like to chat here: poetmistress###hotmail.com or we can just chat here

Prolific Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 09:41 PM

I realize this is an old thread, but I just found it. I'm just outside of Flint. Posted Image Any other Michiganders?

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 06:33 AM

i am in Belleville, Ann Arbor area

Prolific Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 07:38 PM

I guess better late then never... I have been reading this site for a couple of months and then came across this message. Although I am borned and raised in Europe (Netherlands) I have been living in a suburb of Detroit for the last 10 years....so I think that kind of makes me a michigander Posted Image

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 03:34 PM

I know this is a old thread but i just became a member. I am from michigan also. Just outside Flint. Hope to learn alot and help who i can.

#6 luckotheirish

luckotheirish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 01:32 PM

I"m in Grand Rapids michigan

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 08:05 PM

Today is my first day on this site and I stumbled across this. I know this is late but hey it's worth a shot. I'm from Michigan, just outside of Detroit.

#8 Patman75

Patman75

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 09:38 PM

Welcome to the forum TiffanyTain.There is a few us from Michigan in here.
Diagnosed with UC November 2004, I felt aweful until until I started seeing a Nutritionist (CCN or DACBN) in Febuary 2008. Candida diet + supplements followed by a no processed foods diet without my triggers + supplements.
Take charge of your health. Find a support group, read books, change your diet, see a nutritionist
My Progress http://www.ibsgroup....showtopic=94551

#9 searching4answers

searching4answers

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 06 March 2010 - 01:11 PM

from eastern michigan.

#10 kvx10GrandRapids

kvx10GrandRapids

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 03:56 PM

Hello all. This is my first time posting here and wondering if anyone with IBS from Michigan meets or at least talks. I have IBS-C and figured much about it on my own. I am 32 years old and only realized this a few years ago. My biggest problems is not IBS itself because I can just avoid the foods that trigger it. I am finding it very hard socially to deal with this disorder. I even have problems even dating because my diet is so different when I go out to eat. My friends and family try to understand but I am just feeling lost and lonely. I would appreciate some input. Thanks!

#11 JenThur

JenThur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:07 PM

Hello everyone!I'm new to the site and live in Ann Arbor. I have IBS-D and have been unsuccessful with treatment so far.

#12 JennKz

JennKz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:15 PM

Not sure anyone is going to see this. I live in MI. Have my whole life.I'm 37 now but have had IBS for as long as I can remember. I would do anything to have people that I can actually sit and talk with about this darn condition. jennkzmail with gmail at the end is how you contact me.I live in Northern MI but I'm from all around. I would be willing to try and set something up for anyone who would like to start a support group.
live like there's no tomorrow, dream like you'll never wake up, and love like you've never been hurt

#13 JLEE2LEE

JLEE2LEE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:22 AM

I just joined today. I'm in Battle Creek MI. Are there any meet ups in the Battle Creek/Kalamazoo areas? I'm trying to do the low fodmap dietitians to try to eliminate the specific foods that trigger my ibs.

#14 Tired of saying no

Tired of saying no

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 17 September 2018 - 09:19 PM

I just joined today. Would love to hear from Michiganders or anyone! It helps to know we’re not alone. While I’ve dealt with IBS, both D and C, most of my life, in the last year it’s gotten much worse, especially urgent diarrhea, possibly due to the addition of estradiol (female hormone) for low bone density. At least, that’s what my GI doc blamed the flare on and suggested I try the no-FODMAP diet. The nurse cringed as she handed me the sheet, saying ‘you’re not gonna like this.’ It’s not an easy diet. Lots of forbidden foods like no gluten and no dairy products, except for hard cheeses, etc. I tried for awhile, not perfectly, and felt somewhat better but slowly slipped back into normal eating patterns. Oddly, when Michigan’s heat and humidity returned, so did the urgency and diarrhea. My sister referred to it as the ‘summer complaint.’ Only this summer, once the cramps started, there was almost no time to find a bathroom. A couple of accidents, in the last month. If I take Imodium, I’m constipated, sometimes for several days!

I also convinced the GI doc to prescribe xifaxin (antibiotic) just in case it’s SIBO but health insurance refused to pay (around $1000), stating I hadn’t tried diet modification or daily doses of Imodium. I’m almost desperate enough to ask friends traveling to Ecuador this winter if they can try to get it without a script and probably for much less money. It’s commonly prescribed for traveler’s diarrhea anyway.

I know everyone can relate in that it stops us from doing things we want to do! Like traveling and going out to eat without knowing where the bathroom is and if there’s more than one stall! I feel positively neurotic sometimes! Am I crazy that I shy away from riding in other people’s cars or just walking around town, especially after eating! Today, a friend invited me to travel with her to Arizona. I wanted to say YES and I did(!) but my mind instantly got busy calculating how I will deal with it. Take Imodium every day? Will it work? Will I have an accident? Should I cut back on eating? And how many days can a person go without ‘going?’ Should I stop or cut back on the hormones? Will that even help?!

It’s a wild carnival ride some days.
  • Kathleen likes this

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here