Anyone from Florida? - IBS Support Group Meetups - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Anyone from Florida?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 05:22 PM

Advertisement
Anyone from Florida?Let me know.God Bless!

Prolific Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 04:46 PM

From what I've seen on this board, there are a number of people from Florida around with IBS. I'm in the Sarasota area -- you? I take my problems day by day and always hope for the best. Phyllis

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 09:51 PM

Thanks for replying Phillis! I started to think that I was the only one from Florida suffering from IBS. I am in the Orlando area. IBS has been bad for me lately.God Bless!

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 04:26 AM

I'm from tampa.

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 09:54 PM

IBS suffer here from Miami.

Prolific Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 07:33 AM

ah, I miss Tamper (aka Tampa). Lived there for many years. Now JAX area. It gets a bit cold up here (yuck).

Prolific Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 09:20 PM

I'm from the Daytona Beach area.

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 07:42 PM

I know that I'm late posting to this, but I'm from Tampa too. Good luck to all of you. Teresa

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 10:23 PM

I am from Orlando here...

Prolific Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 11:52 PM

I'm in NW Dade County.

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 07:55 PM

I'm from Melbourne Florida...... anyone else out there?

Prolific Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 02:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by winniethepooh:Thanks for replying Phillis! I started to think that I was the only one from Florida suffering from IBS. I am in the Orlando area. IBS has been bad for me lately.<br />God Bless!
I'm also from Orlando, FL. Is there a support group that I can go to in the Orlando area?Let me know please, my email: aft98###bellsouth.netBlessings,Abi

Prolific Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 09:42 AM

Abigail,Just wanted to respond to your post. As far as I know there aren't any groups in our are. I am in the daytona area and have not heard anything yet. It would be a great thing to start up if we could find a healthcare proffesional who would be willing to help us out. When I lived in NY I attended one that was run by a RN who also suffered from IBS. The hospital she worked for supported the group. Even held a digestive wellness day-what an amazing turn-out. If you want to see how many people in your area have IBS-attend one of those. Wishing you the best.

Prolific Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 10:26 AM

I never have been to a group support meeting or to a digestive wellness day. Where do I need to find out about this in my area? I would love to attend to digestive wellness day or to be involved is starting a support group. Unless there's one already in our area that we don't know about. Any help you or info you can give, I would really appreciate it. Too bad you are a couple hours away from Orlando:-(Blessings,Abi

Prolific Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 01:28 PM

From Orlando FL anyone ???

Prolific Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 05:08 PM

Abigail,I am from New Smyrna Beach.

Prolific Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 06:15 PM

Hello Jomo569,I live about 20 minutes from Cocoa Beach, east of Orlando. I think its about 1 hour from New Smyrna Beach. I wish there was an IBS support group we could go to.Blessings,Abi

Prolific Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 03:19 PM

Me too! I am in the process of listening to Mikes tapes-hopeing that it will work for me. Anytime you want to chat let me know.

Prolific Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 06:41 PM

Jomo569,Are you IBS-C or D? I thought about buying Mike's tapes also, but I haven't yet. If they help you, let me know please. Where did you buy them? I'm IBS-C and it's very frustrating. I used to work for an airline, but I'm a stay at home mom now b/c of my IBS. I'm having more tests done with my GI doc and Naturopath doc. Here is my email aft98###bellsouth.net Blessings,Abi

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 12:14 PM

I am in Palm Beach County - if there are support groups - please let me know!

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here