constant burping - Gas / Flatulence / Bloating - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

constant burping

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 01:37 PM

Advertisement
I cant stop burping/belching for the last 4 months. When people here refer to gas are they referring to a wind coming out the mouth or coming out the other end? I went to the doctor and he said it could be an inflammed stomach, but his tablets(omeprazole) didnt do anything. My stomach is constantly bloated, so much that I couldnt push it out any further if I tried!! When I burp excessively, it relieves it for about 10 seconds and I can feel it filling up again. If I went 5 mins without burping it would be strange. What confuses me is that I never had this problem before (im 28). There must be something to cure or even relieve it!! Does anyone had the same thing or do they have any suggestions? Should I go back to the doctor to get tests done. Im not even sure Im on the right section here soif I am apologies!!!

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 02:59 PM

I had this for several months. Actually it wasn't always just burping but sometimes when I wasn't actually burping there were gurgling noises coming up my throat and out my mouth. At first I thought it was simply a GI problems but then found out that post nasal drip was also a contributor. I still have the problem occasionally but not as bad as before.

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 01:29 AM

Hii also suffer constant belching, i can have my first coffee of the morning and instantly burp like a man, or after eating, i also suffer the other end too, and i am always bloated, or about to bloat. i havent found a cure for this yet, and my doctor just said we all have wind!! :(

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 08:41 PM

Hi Pip,I have had this problem off and on for 30 years! (I'm 50) All kinds of tests and they still tell me IBS. It gets worse with stress and I think menopause has really set it off a couple of time this year. It's awful. Someone gave me a bottle of fennel capsules and if it gets really bad I will down 3 of them at a time (with plenty of water) and they really do seem to help somewhat better that anything else. Also, I drink speciality digestive teas sometimes. There are also fennel teas, but I prefer the capsules. I do try to watch my diet, stay away from fried and fatty foods, too spicy foods, etc. and that seems to help as well. Oh, and I cannot even think about alcohol anymore - sets me right off! I hope this helps. I really sympathize, believe me. If you have a chance, you may want to do some GI tests just to be sure its not something that they maybe can correct and save you a lot of grief. If it turns out to be IBS- well it comes and goes and somehow you will get through it. Good Luck sweetie.

#5 meni

meni

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:23 PM

I had this for several months. Actually it wasn't always just burping but sometimes when I wasn't actually burping there were gurgling noises coming up my throat and out my mouth. At first I thought it was simply a GI problems but then found out that post nasal drip was also a contributor. I still have the problem occasionally but not as bad as before.

Hi did you find out what this was?

#6 cowgomoo

cowgomoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

What means constant? How many gas you have per a day?

I have 10 to 20.

Is that constant?biggrin.png

#7 IvyWinter

IvyWinter

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:11 PM

I can eat almost anything, even foods that dont often produce much gas, and burp for 30 min to an hour. and if i dont cover my mouth, it's all loud, forceful, manly burps lol its like a build up of gas and i burp and get instant relief, and then 5 seconds later it builds up again. sometimes i even get nausea that only subsides with each burp. i can't figure out what exactly is doing it, only that from time to time, some Tums can clear it up. other times, i just have to ride it out :-/ 

#8 laineyk

laineyk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:20 AM

me tooooo! Burping right as soon as I wake (along with flatulence). I had SIBO and was treated, thought that the burping was all due to SIBO, but rechecked for SIBO and it was negative, so this is from IBS.

my stomach starts rumbling and pain as soon as I open my eyes in the morning. I will anywhere from 3 to 5 movements all in a 2 hour span. The pain sometimes just wipes me out and all I want to do is lay in bed in fetal position and cry

I have to really try the FODMAP diet because I can not survive like this.

BELCH !!!!!! oops , excuse me unsure.png

#9 JonnyFinale

JonnyFinale

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:38 PM

I'm also affected by this. I burp about 25 times a day and have a lot of stomach noises. Thank goodness I don't often get any pain or have bowel issues.

#10 thickthighs1

thickthighs1

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:31 PM

Have y'all tried apple cider vinegar? the raw unpasteurized kind will probably help with the acid indigestion..it might be GERD

RTW,

Dr's wont understand you unless you go to a gastroenterologist,sometimes they don't even understand

#11 sarahavery

sarahavery

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 14 January 2021 - 06:27 AM

Did you find any cure these days?

My father has constant burping for the last 7 years. I want to help somehow, but no doctor has an idea where does it comes from.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here