Afraid of Zelnorm adverse effects? - Constipation Prescription Medications - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Afraid of Zelnorm adverse effects?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Slimmm

Slimmm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 10:36 PM

Advertisement
My dr suggested that I stop the Zelmac that I've been getting from Mexico for a trial of 1 month because I've had some weird symtpoms since Oct. I have had tons of tests and have seen numerous drs and they cannot find a cause yet. Finally, my primary care dr said that we have to consider the possibility that Zelmac could be the cause, since all of this started suddenly 2 1/2 months after I started buying it from Mexico. A little background, I had been using Zelnorm for 4 yrs and, like you, it was the only thing that has helped. I really feel like it has give me as close to a "normal" life as I'll ever have. When it was taken off the market, I went without it for 3 1/2 months and I was a total basket case. Finally, I decided that the benefits to me far outweighed the risk (since most of the problems were with people who had cardiovascular problems anyway).I've been off it for almost 2 weeks and I have not seen any improvement in my symptoms (which have to do with poor circulation to extremities and parasthesia in arms and legs). I am so tempted to get back on it again, but then I get scared when I read some of the claims and cases against it (albeit driven by some ambulance chaser lawyers). Also, my dr mentioned the unknowns of getting a prescription from another country - i.e. quality control, difference in formulation, etc. How do you all feel? Do you feel like the benefits to you far outweigh the risks, or do you just not consider the risks? I must admit that I did not want to know about them, but after reading, I am fearful. Then again, I am totally desperate without it!!!
  • Patrick ibs c likes this

#2 Patrick ibs c

Patrick ibs c

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 23 August 2016 - 02:50 AM

i wouldnt trust any meds from mexico

#3 Slimmm

Slimmm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 12:56 AM

As soon as I stopped the Zelnorm from Mexico, my weird symptoms disappeared.

#4 Patrick ibs c

Patrick ibs c

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 26 August 2016 - 12:59 AM

well i told you

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here