Never even got a proper diagnosis until about fifteen years ago - Your Story - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

- - - - -

Never even got a proper diagnosis until about fifteen years ago

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_anonymous_*

Guest_anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2001 - 12:17 AM

Advertisement
Hi, I have had IBS most of my life and never even got a proper diagnosis until about fifteen years ago. I was told I had spastic colitis. Anyway, I have tried all the diet and nutrient approaches and nothing ever worked. My colitis was so bad that even living on chicken broth and oatmeal wouldn't calm it down.Anyway what alleviated my symptoms the most was a low dose of a tricyclic anti depressant called desiprimine. It also helped with migraine headaches that accompanied my serious colitis attacks. It really slows down the spasms and enables you to eat like a normal person. You may have to experiment with dosage, too much can be constipating. I don't know WHY it works. I don't care, I am just thankful to be able to leave the house and live a some what normal life. I hope this helps some people out there who have not found a "natural"solution. Thank You, Shell

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here