Morning abdominal pain - Page 2 - Abdominal Pain - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Morning abdominal pain

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Leo41

Leo41

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 19 January 2016 - 09:27 AM

Interesting... I have the same but it is left side pain (my bad spot). Maybe a couple times a month I will get a building ache/pain that will wake me. Of course morning are always my roughest time of the day. Works so well for getting up for work uggh. 

#22 Andy Hollitt

Andy Hollitt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 06:04 PM

Hi, I searched for 'abdominal pain right side morning' and came up with the first post by John Walsh. I was amazed that someone else had MY symptoms!

I've had symptoms for 8 years. I've tried numerous things, I figure if it was serious I'd be dead by now; but t's very annoying to be woken at 4AM by a painful gut.

Thanks to all those who responded. The good news is that I've found a 'cure' and joined up to tell you about it. The deal is: if you try it, you MUST post the results, good or bad, so that others can learn.

I'd tried Colese, which is coated so that it passes through the stomach and releases in the gut. It didn't help, but I thought it was a good idea.

Then it dawned on me that cartia does the same thing. It's a low dose Aspirin (great for pain and inflammation) taken to prevent heart attacks. Aspirin is not good for the stomach so the tablet is Duentric coated so it passes through the stomach and releases in the gut, right where it's needed! I take it at around 1 or 2AM when I go for a pee. It's worked for me for over a month, it's cheap, available over the counter and as a side benefit it reduces my chance of having a heart attack!

I hope it works for you, Andy

#23 WilliamRousseau

WilliamRousseau

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 08:19 AM

My pain is in the belly with bloating and gas. Moved 2 months ago with diet change and have suffered ever since. Today is awful. ready to call 911 but can't control bowel urgency! Any ideas?

#24 SergeGao

SergeGao

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 09:39 AM

I am from China, I have the EXACTLY symptoms as the Jonh posted and it's been almost 10 years. Every morning I was woken up by the abdominal pain. The pain is located  at the  lower right abdomen, and slowly disappear in the day. I have tried all kinds of medicine but never worked, some even may aggravate the pain such as Pinaverium Bromide. Doctors said that  I should eat more vegetables, but I found that food that is rich of fiber  such as vegetables and fruits will aggravate the pain. The good news is that recently I finally found a effective medicine which is mesalazine, I take 2 pills which is 500mg before going to bed and when I was waken up by the pain at about 5~6am I'll take anothe 2 pills. Though it can't entirely erase the pain, but it's the only worked medicine among all the medicine I've tried. Andy posted coated aspirin worked for him, actually mesalazine and aspirin are the same kind of medicine. Next I decide to try for coated aspirin to see if it has a better efficacy .

#25 Kazzal

Kazzal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 05:33 AM

This was super helpful. Thanks to all. Had early morning pain for a year, strong enough to wake me and prevent falling back asleep. Usually clears within an hour. Pain also gives me an achey back. Sometimes pain feels like could be caused or aggravated by a long spasm, but also inflammation.

I'm not keen on taking meds unless absolutely necessary and success rates for a lot of chronic abdominal issues seem poor.

Anyway, tried pushing my fingers into the area which didn't help and then found this website with clear instructions on ileocecal massage and pressure points. Really helped in minutes.

https://drjockers.co...-valve-massage/

Also, after the massaging, try pushing out lower abdominal muscles as hard as you can, holding for full breath, then repeat a few times.

Guess causes will vary between us but this really helps me although hasn't stopped onset of pain yet... Just 2 days so will keep at it. As well as try more fermented foods to improve gut bacteria, less sugar (!!) And will swap some coffee/tea for green tea. Will let you know.

PS. Don't know why docs prescribing proton-pump inhibitors (eg. Omeprazole) for these symptoms for many of you. These are for stomach acid reduction and stomach acidity usually causes pain in the stomach and sometimes reflux, both much higher up the torso and usually not restricted to mornings. Proton-pump inhibitors have side effects including links to higher infection rates with very dangerous clostridium difficile, especially dangerous in the frail or elderly. So if it hasn't helped your symptoms, please go back to your doctor as you don't want to be on these unnecessarily.

#26 SergeGao

SergeGao

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 10:00 AM

I am very glag that I am finally almost recovered from it. And the key is to conciously pul your abdomen muscle occasionly, especially when you have abnormal pain.it's some kind of like Kegel exercise. It worked very amazing for me, and you guys could take a try.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here