Anyone check in from N Zealand or Aust - IBS Support Group Meetups - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Anyone check in from N Zealand or Aust

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 JoanneHB

JoanneHB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 12:24 PM

Advertisement
Hi I am a mom of a 10 year old with IBS and am new to all this - I see that most users are from the US or UK but anyone from New Zealand or Australia> If so would love to make contact.

#2 Ausie one

Ausie one

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:34 PM

Hi I am from Australia.

#3 JoanneHB

JoanneHB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 12:40 PM

Hi nice to hear from you ... at least you are a lot closer that UK or US.What is your situation with IBS?

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 04:47 PM

Hi im from New Zealand. Im a 21 year old female i have had IBS since i was 10 years old so i understand what your son/daughter is going through. If i can be of any kind of help or support let me knowSophie :(

#5 MrBumwe

MrBumwe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 10:27 PM

Hey All,,, I am an ozzie tooI am a 25 yo , have suffered IBS since i was 18,,,, best seven years of my life, lol, be good to hear from fellow ozzies any advice or ideas or even just a chat, aside from the illness it is really an isolating feeling

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 01:29 AM

Hi,I'm in Adelaide and have just been properly diagnosed, but have had symptoms since I was a child. I have an 8 year old child who is also showing ibs symptoms so I am going to put us both on the same diet. I've just bought Heather Van Vorous' book on eating for ibs and looking forward to changing our life hopefully!

#7 lovely lee

lovely lee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:02 PM

hi im from christchurch newzealand i have had ibs for years and recently diagnosed with ibddp i have been so ill and would love to make contact with anyone from mewzealand be great if one could support each other cheers leanne

#8 lb_

lb_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:41 PM

Hi, I'm from sydney. Been diagnosed with IBS in the last few months had symptoms for the last year.

#9 PeterAlex

PeterAlex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:29 PM

Hi from Melbourne Australia.Have had IBS for many years.

#10 Lynne Mackay

Lynne Mackay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:25 AM

Hi, I'm from Melbourne, Aust and have had IBS for many years. Has anyone taken Colofac?

#11 KiwiCam

KiwiCam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

New member here, diagnosed with IBS-C recently.

Living in Christchurch and wanting to make contact with others to discuss things!

#12 Joe51

Joe51

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:35 PM

For your information there is an active support group in Australia called

IBIS Irritable Bowel Information & Support Association of Australia Inc.

Joe Stosser
Victorian state contact and National Vice-President - IBIS

[from the website]

Where are we?

The office is in Queensland but we are an Australia-wide organisation with members in every state.

What can we do for you?

We have a Member Resource Pack" which has a book, "Managing Irritable Bowel Syndrome," a CAN'T WAIT Card, a form for a Bowel Record, and Websites to Explore.

We publish a quarterly newsletter for members, Ibis Nest, which has news, educational articles, stories, thoughts and ideas. Reviews of books and websites are also included.

We are available on the telephone and email Monday to Friday, 9-5 for you to discuss any concerns about IBS. See Area Contacts or phone Claire at the office on (07) 3372 2091.

What can you do for yourself and others?

Firstly you can join our Association and get the benefits of membership.

Occasional cafe meetings are held to encourage members. Come along and share with others, details in newsletters.

#13 niecey

niecey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:02 PM

Hi.I have IBSC and live in Marlborough.

#14 Pip Mills

Pip Mills

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:22 PM

Hi guys, I am a 22 year old female from NZ and have had IBS for a year. I was a bit shocked when my gastroenterologist said that there were no support groups at all for IBS in NZ, considering how many people have it and the effects that it has on quality of life. Would love to get in touch with others that suffer so that we can have a wee moan to each other every now and then so that our loved ones don't have to try and understand all the time. I set up a face book page so please add yourself so we can stay in touch and possibly even meet up. Cheers, Pip

#15 Pip Mills

Pip Mills

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:23 PM

the facebook page link is https://www.facebook...20557664875329/

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here