SIBO in Toronto, Canada ? - Prescription Medications - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

SIBO in Toronto, Canada ?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:11 PM

Advertisement
Hi, So Ive been diagnosed with IBS about a year and a half ago, after doing a lot of research i really think it might be SIBO. I was able to go to a walk-in clinic to get a referral to go the hydrogen breath test, after my family doctor refused, But i cant seem to find any hospital that actually does the test.. Any one know of any doctors that handle SIBO or any place in Toronto, or Markham that does the test.. Iam thinking i might just try and get Rifaximin without taking the test cuz i cant even find a place.. :S

#2 awbb2002

awbb2002

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 12:46 PM

Hi,Currently, I'm in the same situation: can't find a clinic in Ontario for the hydrogen breath test, so I'm thinking about trying the Rifaximin anyway. Did you have any luck with finding a lab, or have you tried this anitbiotic with any positive result? Thank you,awbb
  • Tosan11 likes this

#3 twenty

twenty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:53 PM

Did you have any luck finding a place in GTA doing the SIBO test? I'm thinking I could have SIBO after 6 years of fighting with IBS.
  • Tosan11 likes this

#4 Tosan11

Tosan11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:20 AM

I know this thread is kinda old, but I'm in the same boat. Was wondering if you guys had any luck finding a doctor that knows what they're doing in Toronto in terms of SIBO?

#5 Jenn1202

Jenn1202

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:15 PM

I just moved here from the US. I was diagnosed with SIBO in 2014 (had the hydrogen test done and it came back positive). I take Xifaxan every 4-8 months but I can't seem to get a prescription here. My pcp here in Canada said they'd have to redo the testing before they can prescribe anything and even then she's not even sure this medication exists in Ontario/Canada.

How is SIBO treated here?

#6 rosenberg

rosenberg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 14 December 2017 - 12:14 PM

currently in the same boat.

sage clinic in Vancouver helps with it.

I think we all just need to do a diy at home kit

theyre so expensive tho :(

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here