Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi-,Any body here (after diagnosis with IBS), ever had atleast one day where they are completely 100% symptom free? I was diagnosed with IBS 2 years back. I never had a complete symptom free day after the diagnosis. I am curious about you guys. When i say 100% symptom free, I mean like regular guys, except diet restriction still applies.Also after diagnosis with IBS, I never took any prescribed medication for IBS. Is this common with IBS people? I just maintained my symptoms(tried atleast) with suppliments. What about you guys? Are you all taking one or other type of prescribed medication or not?Thanks

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
In many ways it comes down to what level of symptoms are acceptable and what aren't. For over 10 years my symptoms have been reduced to 2-3 bms a day, generally soft (unless I add a regular fiber supplement) and often with enough urgency that I prefer not to get too far from a toilet until after my morning poops. Other than that, which hardly counts for anything after the 10 years of constant D that I endured, I feel pretty close to normal. I hike, I bike, I travel, and I don't watch my "triggers" at all, other than not smoking anymore. All of this derives from a flavonoid supplement (grape seed and skin, gingko, bilberry, etc.) which I began taking to control the oxidation of cholesterol. So, after about 20 years of worrying about heart disease and 10 years of worrying about my bowels and digestion, neither of these are an issue anymore. Sometimes, you really don't need to go further than nutritional supplementation and your body will do the rest.Good luck to you.Mark

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've had IBS for almost a year but was only diagnosed with it not too long ago. Anyway, I have only had one symptom free day and that was when I slept in till 10:00, which is very late for me. Too bad the symptoms caught up the next day though & were worse. But I do find that sleep makes the biggest difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.