Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

12 with IBS + alone

3K views 28 replies 10 participants last post by  kschultz 
#1 ·
Hi.... I have had IBS since I was about ten years old... Now I am twelve. It is NOT fun thing to have. I have like spazz attacks everytime I have REALLY bad tummy aches or diarrhea. I had (and may still have) "Functional Stool Retention" where I was contstapted all the time, and now I have IBS. I feel so alone and different then anyone else. When people say their stomache hurts I think "Well, it definitly isn't as bad as what I go through!" That sounds rude, I know...... but I feel like no one knows what I go through... except for other people with IBS may.I need to learn how except the pain when I feel terrible and now FREAK OUT. I also need to learn how to not feel so alone. Maybe there is an organization out there that has pen-pals, where people with IBS write to eachother! Ha!It's hard for me since I am still pretty young, and I will most likely have all this pain when I am older. But the good new is: as I get older there will be more medicines and ways to help IBS.I know millions of people have IBS, and some of them may just know what I am going through.You can e-mail if you have questions or comments.

Discussion starter · #4 ·
Thank you so much! You made me feel better! I will check out that pen-pal section.I hate feeling so different and weird. Right now I am sitting at my computer with a hot water bottle on my tummy. I am having a sharp pain. Sometimes the pains I go through are terrible. Any body have any tips, advise, words of wisdom, comments, questions, or anything to say at all... please post it or e-mail me.I feel better knowing other people know what I go through (i hope that doesn't sound selfish)

Discussion starter · #9 ·
Thank you thank you! You all are wonderful! Has anyone here ever used "Magnaseum Citrate" (I have no clue how to spell it). Well, I have taken it three times. I am taking it once more with "Senocote" (can't spell that either)... It makes you have non-stop direhha (VERY LIQUIDY) and clears you out if you are "backed up"... The Senocote has given me very bad cramps.... If anyone has good things to say about these two things I would love it! I am nervous to do it for the fourth time...I have to do it before because I was so backed up, my colin was stretched out three times the size it is suppose to be.I am sick now ... possibily with strep, so I am not doing it this second. If anybody else has anything else to say that would be great

Discussion starter · #15 ·
gownowoften/ Dave : I am not lactose and tolerant I have taken the test about two times before. Everyone:I took the Sena-C ( same as Senocote, but possibly not as strog... yet I have had Senocote before) The Sena-C was reccomended by my doctor, so I have to say I think I should take it. It also worked for me. It only gave me a couple of cramps right before my first one or two bowl movements. And it only made me make two or three... I think because the Magnesium "cleared me out" and I wasn't so backed up. My colon hasn't been strectched out for a while Dave.You all are wonderful! I had an IBS attack this morning and was late for school... but then I got better... I hate it when that happens!Any other ideas.... I love them all! You guys are the best!

Discussion starter · #18 ·
GasslyLassy.... Are you lactose and tolerant? I am not but I take my medicine in my milk..... I also eat chocolate and beef all the time.... Did your doctor tell you to stop eating those things? Do you think I should?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.