Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, here goes, assuming you are using Win95 or Win98. 13 Step Program To Graphics1. Find a picture on the net that you want to use.2. Use the right mouse button and click it. A menu will pop up.3. Click properties with the left mouse button.4. Next to Address is the URL starting with http://<br />5. Click at the beginning of the URL with the left mouse butoon and hold the left mouse button down.6. Now drag the mouse to the end of the URL so the whole address is highlighted.7. Release the left mouse button.8. Now hold the Ctrl key on the keyboard down and while holding it down press the C key on the keyboard. This copies the URL to the Clipboard. (your computers memory)9. Now, in the posting your making to the board type in
12. It should look like this except I am going to type a {} (braces) instead of [] (brackets) so it will show up in this posting. If I us the [] (brackets) it will show the picture instead of the example:{img}http://www.parkviewpub.com/bulletinboard/Image1.gif{/img}13. Be sure to change the {} (braces) to [] (brackets).------------------Joe[This message has been edited by Joe (edited 03-14-99).]

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hey Joe.... Well what a sweetie you are to go thru all this for us!!! Thanks so much because I just keep getting confused on how to do this LOL. It's such fun playing with these gifs & sure is a tremendous stress reliever for me, as well as for a lot of others here I'm sure. Bless you for you kindness!!
mazzy
[This message has been edited by mazzy (edited 03-14-99).][This message has been edited by mazzy (edited 03-14-99).][This message has been edited by mazzy (edited 03-14-99).]

G

·
Hi Mazzy,I see what you did wrong.
All you have to do is take the "space" out between the "jpg" and [/img]That should work

G

·
Thanks Joe for the instructions. And Mazzy, that is such a wonderful picture. Where did you ever find it? Thanks!
Jeanette

·
Registered
272 Posts
Thanks Joe for the reducing formula. You are a good friend to save me from this embarrassment. Cheryl[This message has been edited by cheryl (edited 03-15-99).][This message has been edited by cheryl (edited 03-15-99).][This message has been edited by cheryl (edited 03-15-99).]

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cheryl,Wow, That thing is a whopper. I'm honored. Whoever owns the graphic would have to reduce it. I think that would be the only way.lgd,In Step 2, where it says to use the right mouse button, instead of that just hold the mouse button down and a menu will come up after a couple of seconds. I think one of them will say something like "copy link" or something to that effect. Select it. Skip steps 3 through 8. In Step 10 hold the CMD (command) key down and press the letter V instead of the CTRL key and the letter V key. Complete steps 11 through 13 and I think this will work.------------------Joe[This message has been edited by Joe (edited 03-15-99).]

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
How do you post a picture that's not from the web? I have some pictures I'd like to post that I have on file on my computer.Ty

G

·
Thanks for the information , thats how I learned, I thought I learned anyway --I'll keep trying------------------
[This message has been edited by DJ (edited 03-31-99).][This message has been edited by DJ (edited 03-31-99).][This message has been edited by DJ (edited 03-31-99).]

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You got it DJ, Way To Go!Ty,The images have to be on the web. You will need to download them to the web somewhere so you have an internet address to put in the post. My ISP gives me 10 MB of disk space on their server. This is where I put mine. Check with your ISP to find out if you can do this. If not, places like Geocities let you set up a sight for free and you can store them there. Hope this helps.------------------Joe

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.