Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've suffered with IBS since I was two, I'm now nearly 20, 18 years of doctors telling my parents I was seeking attention, it was my age, or stress of exams. I get severe pains in my lower abdomine often resulting in tears, bloating, wind, nausea, vomiting, headaches, no energy, the list goes on. Have read so many different diet tips that I am very confused at what I should be doing to control my IBS. Pain is a way of life that I want to be rid of. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
709 Posts
hey Claire
have you been diagnosed with ibs? i'm not trying to say you don't have it, but you include vomiting in your list of symtoms, and i'd just be worried that it is a different stomach problem--maybe more serious.also, are you more ibs-c or d? or both?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I was diagonised when I was 15 after an endoscopy testing for coeliac, something which I am having repeated because I was on a gluten free diet at the time. Another main worry is contineous weight loss which I already know isn't suppose to be a symptom of IBS.I'm IBS C and D!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Since I was young, I noticed that everytime I was stressed, my bowel (intestines) would contract and it would create disconfort, pain, and bloating. But after that stressful moment, it would all go away and get back to normal, to me at that time, it was nothing at all. But then, when I've reached 13 y-o, I've noticed that one day, I stressed out and it DIDNT go away. I was in so much pain and I didnt know why. I went to NUMEROUS doctors and they thought it's just because I was eating too fast or that I was too stressed out. The thing is it did hurt even when I wasn't stressed, it did hurt even when I was watching television. It was the worst time of my life. I was miserable because it wasn't just hurting, it created a billi-zillion of bloating and flatulence. I had many friends and I isolated myself because of this condition. I became anti-social, I was scared to hang out in large crowds, afraid that if I've let one out, the whole room would scream out to open the windows because someone couldnt control themselves. I was ashamed, and depressed. Then I went to the gastroenterologist, she diagnosed me with lactose intolerance and IBS. So I've stop eating dairy products, but it didnt help. I was still in pain. After months of trying to find out what was causing my pain, she letted me down. She thought that I had problems in my life causing me to stress out. I was so confused and lost because I went to doctors, after doctors and they didnt find out. Then one day I went on this website, and in 15 minutes, I've found out more about the problem than the 4 years I went to the doctors. I had numerous food allergies. I couldn't drink alcohol, coffee, tea, juices (because it has too much acidity), I couldn't eat fried foods, tomatoes, spices, nuts, vinegar, basically...EVERYTHING. Also, I stopped eating all the foods that could cause flatulence, like beans, letuces, artichokes, bagels, pastas, and the list goes on. And guess what...the pain has gone away..like that, just by stopping eating those foods that my intestines couldn't bare. Okay, so you guys must be telling yourselves...that girl doesnt eat anythin. I eat rice, meat that are boiled or grilled (not marinated, but can be salted), seafoods, and drink water and other beverages that has no acidity or stimulant like coffee and alcohol.Now that I look back, I wished that the gastroenterologist would've told me that. She knew I had IBS and I told her that everytime I eat something, it hurt and it created bloating. She told me she had 35 years of experience...but I still wonder WHY didnt she told me that I couldnt eat those foods. It's been 5 years of suffering, 5 years of hell, because I was eating 3 meals per day...and everytime I was eating, I chose the stuff that I couldn't eat...and then it hurted SO BAD that I couldn't go anywhere. Now I am enjoying life again. I'm so happy. I hope that I could've help someone by telling my story. -Yeah I know...I'm like...writing a whole book here. To you guys who had read all of what I wrote...I applaud you...cuz it's hella long.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.