Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've only had a couple of posts on here, and am trying to stay away from reading about IBS as much as possible while I'm going through my Hypnotherapy course. To give a little back ground, I'm a 25 year old male who has had IBS-D for 10 years. My symptoms when I first got IBS were severe pain, D, nausea, depression, and fatigue. After a while it got to just being D, without pain.Over the last two months or so I've been keeping a food diary, and trying to look for a pattern with any onset of symptoms. So far it's worked quite well, I think I know that Pasta, Carrots, and Bananas are ok, although most of the things I've eaten have been put in the 'Maybe' column. Anyway, I'll get to the point. This morning I felt fine, had my Yakult, a banana, and cheese on toast. All foods that dont usually pose too much of a risk, I then listened to me hypnotherapy session and it really helped me relax. So then I was getting ready to go to work, and bang: Not just a really bad onset of D, but the pain, nausea, anger, sweating, and fatigue that I haven't had in 10 years. I've had to take the day off work today, which is a big deal when you're a teacher in a private school. We all know that IBS is a game of second guessing, but is it possible that I dont have IBS? That maybe this is something else? Im not asking for a diagnosis, more asking if it's possible that I was tested 10 years ago and I didn't have any allergies, but that maybe I do now? I also have Gilberts Syndrome too, and am feeling rather desperate. I've moved to Japan recently, and this problem is destroying my life.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.