Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped using pills 9 weeks ago, and I had a period at the end of my last pack of pills, but i haven't had one since. I've done two pregnancy tests and both came back negative. Should I be worried, or will my period just come back on its own?Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
when I went off the pill I had 6 months of hormonal hell. First no periods then abnormal periods and then the period that lasted 2 cycles. I finally went to my doctor who gave me some hormone pills to stop it and then monitered my period activity closely for the next 3-4 months. They eventually went back to being somewhat normal but it took a long time. I'm still having issues and irregular cycles almost 4 years later. Hang in there. it should improve. If not . go ask your dr for help

·
Registered
766 Posts
Firstly your Doctor should check this out if it doesnt return to normal soon.I have had alot of tests as I havent had a period since April 2002. They have put it down to the meds I take. Not that I am complaining of course !Talk to your doctor about it.Emx

·
Registered
459 Posts
I wouldnt be worried (unless youre really uncomfortable about it). I missed my Depo shot, and havent had it yet. I am just now having my period; it took 4 months. It probably says on the information sheet that come with your bc about how long it could take to get your hormones back on track.m

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for your help. After reading what you had to say, I felt much more comfortable. I imagine that the fact that I've never been regular probably has something to do with it.Thanks again!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi,If it makes you feel any better..
I tried to go off the pill to give my body a break and began menstrating ever week! A week on and a week off. LOL
Needless to say I went back on it fast enough! I will deal with that again when my hubby and i decide to have kids

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yeah, it is hell to go off the pill which is why I am simply staying on it. I am worrying about long term effects of it though. I only have one day of a barely nothing period with mine. But I went a couple months without a period when I first started taking them too!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.