Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had IBS-D for 20 years now and it's just been getting worse. I recently moved home (8 months ago) and the IBS was set off by medication for a lung infection. I've had problems ever since. I go for maybe four to six weeks without problems and then things erupt out of control. I've been flaring now for a week and it's getting to me. I've had thoughts of suicide, which I haven't had in many years. I was just wondering if anyone was having the same sorts of problems and how they were coping. Does anyone out there know of any medications to try? What about herbal remedies? What about diet? Anything to help?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Sparberette Hang in there. I have had ibs-d for twenty years but there is hope. I have only recently found something that helps so you never know what is just around the corner.I am having success with fish oil but that is because I may have a specific problems that responds to that regimen.Do you have any other associated symptoms and have you had any of the investigate tests - upper / lower GI to rule out any of the big ones?Do you have any of the following:thick white coating on tonguejoint ache lower back pain mental cloudinessetcEven if you dont find a "cure" here, you will find tons of good mental support so dont feel overwhelmed or alone.cheerskevin
quote:Originally posted by sparberette:I've had IBS-D for 20 years now and it's just been getting worse. I recently moved home (8 months ago) and the IBS was set off by medication for a lung infection. I've had problems ever since. I go for maybe four to six weeks without problems and then things erupt out of control. I've been flaring now for a week and it's getting to me. I've had thoughts of suicide, which I haven't had in many years. I was just wondering if anyone was having the same sorts of problems and how they were coping. Does anyone out there know of any medications to try? What about herbal remedies? What about diet? Anything to help?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.