Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
221 - 240 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
To anyone here who is on the fence about kratom and really wants to cut to the chase and learn more, there is a full-length documentary film on Netflix that should lay a lot of your concerns to rest. It is called "A Leaf of Faith" and it is extremely informative. Well worth your time to watch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Intereated in keeping my kratom doses low, I rotate strains every few days and have begun using agmatine sulfate to potentiate the kratom, as it lowers your tolerance.

Agmatine, a metabolite of the amino acid L-arginine, also has the bonus of treating neurological pain on its own. It has cardiovascular benefits, can be protective against strokes and can lower blood pressure.

Below is a link explaining how to use agmatine with kratom.

https://www.reddit.com/r/kratom/comments/7vtkzt

·
Registered
111 Posts
Sorry, been away for a while, apologies to those that sent PMs.

2yr 3mo update. Still doing just fine with it!

Changed my recipe: 4oz water. 2tsp sugar, heated 22sec microwave on high, add 3tsp kratom, stir well, chug.

Lower heat means no cool down water needed, less water, easier to chug. I've increased to 3tsp kratom to stave off additional pain I'm having. There's no dependency.

It's worth a try, samples are cheap!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #224 ·
In the past month I've been taking three doses per day, due to the extra back pain I'm having. IBS-D is a distant memory.

I wish this worked as well for pain as it does IBS-D!

Not that it doesn't help, but I'd prefer to wipe out the pain also. There's been too many days/weeks/months that I couldn't walk this year.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Beside Red md and Green Md is there any another Kratom found helpful for Ibs-d? I have been taking more than year a half now, mostly Red Md. I dont wanna build tolerance, so if you found any other strain good for ibs, please let me know.

Thankful for this community, which introduced me to Kratom and gave my life back!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #226 ·
Beside Red md and Green Md is there any another Kratom found helpful for Ibs-d? I have been taking more than year a half now, mostly Red Md. I dont wanna build tolerance, so if you found any other strain good for ibs, please let me know.

Thankful for this community, which introduced me to Kratom and gave my life back!
Hey rayan17, sorry so late responding, but glad to hear it's working for you.

I believe the white strains will work too, but it would be best to take it at the start of the day rather than near bedtime, as the white strains are supposed to the highest stimulant effect.

I've only sampled white strains a few times, but I didn't see any negative change with the IBS-D.

Have been taking only green and red, but it's working great. Green in the morning, red in the evening. Though this evening, I used green by mistake, I'm sure I'll sleep just fine. Been sleeping very well at night lately, and no back pain or IBS-D at all! Haven't experienced any real tolerance buildup, it's been over two years now.

It still tastes horrible, if it didn't work, I wouldn't be drinking it. Blech! I might try using Country Time lemonade instead of sugar and see what happens.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #227 ·
So I substituted the sugar in my recipe for 1 1/2 tsp of Country Time lemonade.

laugh.png
It's the most gawd awful thing you ever put in your mouth!
tongue.png
This is why I don't cook.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello, I am male age 73 and suffer from IBS-D for the last 9 years. I intend on persuing this kartom but I'm quite concerned about the possibility of becoming psychotic or even death. Not at all clear on what the difference is between the "red" and "green" types. Please advise. Thank you.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #230 ·
Hello, I am male age 73 and suffer from IBS-D for the last 9 years. I intend on persuing this kartom but I'm quite concerned about the possibility of becoming psychotic or even death. Not at all clear on what the difference is between the "red" and "green" types. Please advise. Thank you.
Psychosis and death? Probably not, from my own experience only. FDA uses those words to prop up their campaign to ban.

When I researched it, all I found was advisory to not use it with a beta-blocker (heart med), pain meds, or alcohol.

Red - more pain relief, less stimulant

Green - in between red/white

White - more stimulant, less pain relief, stimulant effect to me seems equal to or less than strong coffee

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #231 ·
I found a place that sells kratom online. I am not sure of the amount I should take to start with to combat my IBS-D . i will be buying capsules. Please advise. thank you
When I calculated my dosage into capsule form, I believe I came up with an estimated 8-10 capsules per dose. Way more than I wanted to deal with twice a day. Not to mention the higher cost for the capsule form.

I use three measured teaspoons, 2-3 times per day depending on my symptoms.

Reactions: Gramybear

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #232 ·
Update:

Well I finally got there, worst constipation ever in my life. To put it delicately, it was quite painful, and took an hour. Must've been like giving birth!

How did I get there? I got into a bad situation with the back pain, barely able to move, only able to drag each foot for 3" at a time. Excruciating pain with any movement, extreme back pain just to clear my throat.

So I increased my dose from twice per day, to four times per day, and this helped for a few weeks.

Meanwhile, my supplier had sent an email and mentioned they would soon have some stronger types of kratom. Gave them a call and asked about it, they said they didn't have it yet, so I asked for their recommendation of the strongest red in stock. They said Red Bali so I ordered. After two days of Red Bali taken four times per day, on the third day I found myself quite constipated.

Immediately I dropped to twice per day and am doing fine, also without any withdrawal symptoms. I fully believe there is no physical dependency.

In these days of toilet paper shortages, I've often found I don't need much paper at all! :)

It will be three years in August, I highly recommend it!

Also, kratom has been found to contain Corona resistant compounds. I can't find the link to the study and info right now.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #233 ·
Some info I meant to add:

My supplier, In-Sense Botanicals and Gold Leaf Botanicals, two names, one company.

In-Sense is plantation grown, Gold Leaf is wild grown.

Supplier informed me that plantation grown is considered stronger, I had been buying only wild grown. This plantation grown that I just received is more effective, so I'm able to use less of it.

https://insensebotanicals.com/ (plantation grown)

https://goldleafbotanicals.net/ (wild grown)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #234 ·
Hello everyone,

I feel it's safe to say now, Kratom has ended my 22 year battle with IBS-D. Nothing helped previously, and I have tried it all.

April 29 I woke up with the worst pain imaginable in my entire left leg. By noon the following day I was in the ER. Long story short, diagnosis is a herniated disc with a pinched nerve, involving the entire left leg from waist to toes.

In the ER I was given IV pain meds and sent home with four days prescription meds. After that, Kratom and Wild Lettuce is all I have.

Forced to increase my dose to 3tsp four to five times per day. I've had to use a laxative twice in the past month, some days there was no BM at all. There's been no D whatsoever.

I can't imagine how I would carry on now without Kratom. It's criminal the way doctors ignore extreme pain now. I credit the ER docs for taking the necessary action, and I know their hands are tied by recent action of politicians. But you would not believe my experiences trying to end this suffering. My only option today is to go back to the ER and allow them to admit me for pain control, well, my other option is Kratom and it allows me to sit in my recliner day after day. That's my life now, but I'm free of IBS-D as long as I have Kratom.

Recently joined a kratom group, it's common knowledge there that kratom can bring about constipation, a very welcome side effect for IBS-D sufferers. Laxatives work against my constipation, but nothing else I tried for IBS-D ever worked at all.

Before you contemplate suicide over the IBSD, don't you owe it to yourself to try everything first?

It works, I don't know what else to say.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have IBS, and my stomach is susceptible to the food that I eat, and in cases where that I come about to eat something I shouldn't I get a ton of agony in my stomach when I wake up my tension products, and I get in a down mind-set state

White Riau has done amazing things for me by serving me out on days I feel in this way and relieves the discomfort.

IBS-D patients who use White Riau kratom for sale to mitigate their side effects agree that this plant causes them to alleviate the stomach pain. In any case, the most recognizable improvement is that kratom causes them cures diarrhoea.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #236 ·
Maybe I've said this before... I haven't had any of the bad stomach/belly discomfort or cramping for a long time. So long I can't remember.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #237 ·
You can lead a horse to water, but it can still die of thirst.

Kratom works.

Had back surgery three days ago. Surgeon wanted me to stop kratom five days before surgery. An overabundance of caution and sheer torture for the amount of pain it caused me. Ended up getting admitted for pain control, as ineffective as that was.

After getting home, IBS-D came roaring back. First dose of kratom this morning and it's already settling down.

This is close enough to three years into my kratom experience to say I'm done updating this thread, I think. Kratom works, try it, or not. I'm moving on knowing I tried to pass on some good news.

Don't wait 22 years.

It's not perfect at first, you have to find what works for you. You'll notice the urge to go as soon as you take a dose at first. But that settles away. Look at it this way, getting that first complete BM out of the way early in the day means you aren't going to be running to the bathroom all day.

Why torture yourselves?

Reactions: Tonylyn

·
Registered
2 Posts
I found Kratom 2 years ago to help me withdrawal from pain medication. It works so well for diarrhea which is what most people complain about, how it constipates them. But it sure works well to help with diarrhea which I;ve had daily for 2 years now with no help from doctors. It's also great for pain, depression, anxiety, moods, and energy with the correct strain.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just saw your question about how much to take. I started with the capsules because it tastes horrific!! I started with 1-2 capsules a day but try to take breaks in-between so you don't have the opposite affect and end up with severe constipation. If you start to feel constipated, back off to 1 capsule and see how that works. I've been using the same vendor for 2 years and we've become wondeful friends. However, he doesn't sell capsules. But, you can buy a capsule kit on Amazon.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #240 ·
-Thanks for your post Gramybear, and you also liamridley, I must have missed your post before today. I've been hoping to see posts from people that have tried kratom.

It's amazing to me how quick this works, the next day after my 7/11/20 post, I was back to normal. The following day I only took one dose, but that was just one day, I still have to manage my pain. I'm not even using the Rx meds given to me by the surgeon, they really don't seem to work very well, and there's nothing about them that makes me want to gobble them up.

There's much said about addiction, dependency, and tolerance buildup with kratom. along with withdrawals when you stop. I've seen none of that. Just a hunch, but I feel these factors come into play when a person is abusing kratom to chase a high. Seeking euphoria day after day. Maybe the release of dopamine has something to do with encountering withdrawals and addiction. I firmly believe there's no issue when used at medicinal levels. And maybe that's not a specific level, just the level that works for you.

I do feel a bit of 'lift' from a dose of kratom. However, if was seeking a high I would be disappointed. At any rate, I get too much benefit to risk wrecking the success by abusing my 'med'.

It's not the devil the FDA says it is. But abuse by thrill seekers could eventually ruin it for everyone else. It's happened before and activists are lobbying hard to do it again.

Spend $10-20 on some samples, find a dosage that works for you, I think you'll be surprised. Get it from an good vendor online. Gas station and head shop kratom is more sawdust than kratom.

221 - 240 of 258 Posts