Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm new to this forum but I felt I needed to put in my 2-cents just to see if I could get some feedback. Although I haven't officially been diagnosed (mainly, because I haven't been to the dr. for treatment--yet), but I suspect that I have IBS-D. I'm not entirely certain of how long I've had it...could be 5 years...could be 10. I'm not really sure. But one thing is certain, I noticed symptoms a few years back when I started to realize that after breakfast (especially) I would suddenly have the urge to run to the bathroom. I'd get the cramping and the terrible "D" word. It was embarassing. After hearing things hear & there, I figured that it had to do with caffeine, so I stopped drinking coffee and switched to tea, I prefer Green Tea, in fact. But sometimes, I'd still have episodes and there are times when they come without warning....no rhyme or reason! I've never been sure of whether the causes were from some type of parasite or if I contracted a virus from someone. I've had to change plans and cancelled events due to this thing...it's effecting my life and lifestyle. About a month ago, I was struck with a violent episode....I won't go into the gore-y details, but I was literally laying on the floor in my bathroom, doubled over in pain and the non-stop gush of 'you know what'! It got so bad, I had to pick myself up and lay in the bathtub with warm water running, because it was relentless...I was up til about 3 a.m. in this condition and of course, after being thoroughly exhausted, I didn't go to work the next day, as a result. Was that episode a flu bug or was that an extreme case of IBS-D? Given my history with this thing, it's hard to say. I'm also thinking that GI problems run in my family. I've been diagnosed with an ulcer in the past and I just had my gall bladder removed last year. I heard that my grandfather (whom I never met, because he passed away when my mother was a teenager) died of a bleeding ulcer...and my mother had a bout with some sort of intestinal cancer, which they performed a surgical procedure to remove some of her intestine....Thankfully, she's fine now. What do you guys make of this? And, from the looks of it, I'm probably plagued with this GI issue for the rest of my life, aren't I?!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.