Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello, and welcome Melissa. I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone with your symptoms, I could totally relate to yours. My IBS started in 2007, at first it was occassionally, then in May or June of 2009 the D kicked in and my IBS-A became severe. I truly thought it was ALL IN MY HEAD so I began self-doubting my capabilities -physical, mental and emotional- because my entire life had been effected. I resented the fact that I was no longer capable of doing my daily duties (mother of 6 very active, older, children and professional city bus driver). I truly and finally excepted my condition in September 2009. I was afraid to eat anything because I never knew what my body was going to do. I altered my diet several times and concluded that I do not have any specific triggers. I could barely walk or move at times because the pain was excruciating, and I would have to take pain killers. I have tried various medications and natural supplements, in order to find something that worked for me. I am currently dealing with severe C and have not taken any pain killers in over a week, for me, that is a record. I consider a "Good Day" tobe when I can leave the house and not take any pain meds. IBS is an individual learning experience of various trials, what works for one, may not work for another. I wish you all the best and hope that you can find a solution to your symtoms.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.