Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I JUST joined like 10 minutes ago. I am so glad I found this website. I have been so miserable with everything. I have had IBS since I was 17 years old. The doctors ran tests and would do blood work and everything since then and nothing would ever show. It comes and goes as it pleases and usually pops up at the most inconvenient times! I have anxiety about it and I am scared to go to work thinking I'm going to have to go to the bathroom really bad before I get there (trust me, it's happened MANY times and I never make it...) or when I go out to eat with friends or actually, do anything out in public. Which brings me to my main concern, if I've never been medically diagnosed with IBS because they really aren't "sure" what's going on with me then could it all be in my head? I used to be on medication for depression and anxiety and I got weened off it but I don't remember if it helped or not. I do know that every time a flare up comes, it gets more painful. My upper abdominal and my left side hurt so bad... non stop now. Also, it feels like my uterus is hurting really bad too... is that even possible that my uterus has anything to do with this issues? It's to the point where I am walking, bent over because I am in so much pain. Even if I don't eat anything for a while I'm still in pain. I'm constipated now and have yet to go to the bathroom in about 4 days now. I am just so ill and frustrated so I know I am probably not making any sense and I am rambling on. My main worry is I have a beautiful 6 month old baby girl who I raise alone and her Father has never been around, doesn't even know her, and I worry that my problems and anxiety might affect her. I'm thinking probably not but maybe because I am so worried about going anywhere because I may have to go to the bathroom immediately without warning! Is anyone else out there a single parent with IBS? I'm in need for some support. I sure could use it. Thanks.Melissa

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.