Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,I haven't been on for a while because my IBS-D has been better because of Atkins diet and Lotronex (that should be a whole other post). I've been getting my period every three weeks. I'm sick of having it all the time. I had my tubes tied several years ago. I heard about a new way to take BC pills. Three months straight and then you take a week off to get your period. So basically you get your period every 3 months. They will start to package pills this way in November or so. What do you all think of this new BC system? I'm going to the Dr.'s thursday to talk about everything. Some one said maybe I'm pre-menopausal. I think they can test for that. I wouldn't care if I knew that's it and the end to getting my periods is near - but I'm only 40. Let me know what you think. By the way - I lost 13 pounds and my husband lost 18. (I've been getting my periods every 3 weeks before the Atkins diet - so that's not it).Love,ECT

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I've been doing that routine with bc for almost two years now. I went on bc for painful periods (which also were three weeks instead of four!), but had to start this because of migraines that came along with the periods. The only problem is that my periods are more painful (why, dunno - doc says that will sometimes happen). But they are lighter, so that's another bonus.Congrats on the weight loss!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.