Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I can barely believe I almost feel like a normal human being again. My BM's are not yet completely normal, still slightly sticky/mushy, but even so they are sooooo much better!!! So what helped? I had already made a variety of pretty big lifestyle and diet changes with only minimal impact (no dairy, no gluten, no hard-to-digest foods), but after my colonoscopy I started with two things I hadn't tried before: 1) the IBS audio program, and 2) the soluble-fiber-focused diet described in the book First Year IBS by Heather Van Vorous. I can't clearly tell you which one of these things was more decisive in turning things around for me; my sense is that it was a combination of both. I feel like the diet recommended gave my digestive system a little bit of break, time to rest and recover, and the IBS audio program has helped me relax (I happen to also be a very good hypnotic subject, i.e., I can "go under" very quickly, so this may be a factor in the audio program's effectiveness for me personally). After a couple of weeks of doing this combination of audio program and diet, I regained my appetite and started exercising more (I had felt too weak to do so before). I'm now exercising very regularly (daily) and despite this have been able to gain 2.5 kilos (6 pounds) -- which I very much needed to do, since I was down to 46 kilos/102 lbs -- probably gaining weight because I'm eating like a horse. Still no dairy for me -- the lactose intolerance hasn't gone away -- but I am just so relieved to be feeling even a little bit better. I don't know whether this information about my experience will help anyone else out there, but I hope it can...! And hopefully, my recovery will continue! Thanks for all of your support over the last few months...

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
ashia this is great news! Thanks so much for sharing what worked for you! And may all improvements continue for you!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts