Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone...I'm new on this forum and I'm hoping I can find some help.Here's my story - about 4 weeks ago I went to see my MD because I was having left sided abdominal pain. He palpated my abdomen towards the bottom left and said - yup you are constipated. Take some Metamucil and docusate sodium and you should do much better.I felt better for a couple days.However, then the real storm began!!!!!I started getting that same pain but now it was more intense and more of an intense pressure. I notice that it gets worse right after eating. I ended up going to the ER one day because I felt the pressure getting pretty intense. They did a CT scan and everything came back normal. No tumors, inflammations, growths, etc...I am no finding that my stomach rumbles alot at night, I have this nagging lower left sided pain after I eat and also when I sit down. I've got some mucous in my stool. And I seem to be passing gas like there's no tomorrow
.For the last couple of days I've find that I'm somewhat lightheaded. Not to the point of stumbling but I have this wierd lighteaded sensation.Monday I'm going in for a sigmoidoscopy. I've been pretty stressed out at work and at home lately.Any thoughts? I'm praying that it's not something too serious.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Well, if it makes you feel any better, I have had almost identical issues as well. But mine has been about 2 months or so now. I found that probiotics relieved a majority of my issues. Alot of the pain you may be feeling is built up gas that sits at the bend of your colon, and the nagging pain in the left side is VERY common with IBS'ers.A negative CT Scan is always a good thing, and mucous in the stool is normal with IBS issues. Did they do a fecal occult blood test? Im sure your sigmoidoscopy will go fine. Try not to stress over it. Your lightheadedness is probably from the stress youve brought on to yourself. Im the same age and have the same issues, so were 2 of a kind

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.