Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. My name is Richy and I have been battling Ulcerative Colitis for 38 years. I experienced my first symptom when I was 20, about 1 year after receiving a Tetanus shot. At the time, I had no idea what was happening to me. When I was 33, I experienced the worst flare-up of my life which put me in the hospital for a week. Since then, I have seen 3 different GI Dr’s, subjected my body to steroids, anti-inflammatory drugs, colonoscopies, etc, etc. Over the last 25 years, I’ve had several minor to moderate flare-ups that I attributed primarily to stress. Since the spring of 2015, most all of the stressors have been eliminated from my life and the couple of flare-ups between 2015 and 2021 were mild and lasted only two or three weeks. Long story short, over the last 38 years, I have tried just about everything modern medical science, nutritional health practitioners, and Chinese medicine can recommend to get UC into remission.

Beginning late August 2021, I experienced a moderate flare-up that lingered for 10+ weeks. It wasn’t debilitating but, as you probably have experienced, I had to manage my days around the toilet. About 3 to 4 weeks into this flare-up, I began more intensely managing my diet because I was really tired of the toilet-urgency, mucus, blood, burning sensation, etc. I couldn’t even pee without sitting on the toilet for fear of soiling my pants. At my wife’s suggestion / insistence, I began drinking green juices, bone broths, water, tea, smoothies, and yogurt only for 3 consecutive days each week for 3 weeks. This regimen helped relieve the load on my colon and provided some relief. It also caused me to lose 10 lbs. which wasn’t really needed. In addition to the above diet, I was ingesting probiotics daily, along with ancient and renowned anti-inflammatory and healing herbs a few times each day and an extensive high quality dietary supplement regimen. In spite of all of these best practices, a day or two after eating solid food, the mucus-blood-toilet urgency and occasional burning sensation was back. Being determined to not subject my body to pharmaceuticals again, I decided that I needed to try a non-toxic, no side-effects healing suppository to treat the inflammation, over-active mucosa, and bleeding ulcer(s) directly at the source. Unfortunately, I found no such suppository available on the market.

So, we conducted our own research and formulated a suppository out of 100% food grade ingredients.
I used this suppository only at bed time. The first few nights I used the suppository I experienced noticeable relief from the burning sensation which accompanied the flare-up. By the 5th morning, I could tell the UC flare-up was being subdued. After 2 weeks of nightly use, I was going to the toilet only 2 times each day, the bleeding ulcer(s) were healed (as in not bleeding), and the mucus was a fraction of what it had been for the previous 2 months. In the 3rd week I reduced the suppository to every 2nd night because the mucus was no longer visible in the toilet and I only had to go to the toilet once / day and then every other day. I now use the suppository a couple of nights / week just for good measure.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts