Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so i havent been to the toilet now for 6 days, ive eaten reguarly, three times daily. Im having excritutiating pains in my tummy and then they die down but when they flare up i find it difficult to even move. Ive not even had the desire to push or to try to go to the bathroom....Ive tried all the foods that can assist e.g. prunes... but i didnt really want to resort to medications as i always get side effects and feel off..however now i think im going to have to as food sources havent helped.

·
Registered
722 Posts
My longest time not going to the toilet has been 11 days,which just makes you feel awful.I do not like taking medicines either due to the side effects,but if you are in so much discomfort,maybe you could speak to a Pharmacist or a Doctor at your GP surgery for advice.Hope you get some relief soon.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aw that sounds aweful, i think the longest time for me has been about 9 days, to be honest its uncomfortable despite how many days its gone on for. I will do thanks, going to pharmacist now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I can truly sympathise - there have been times when I've felt only a stick of dynamite was going to do the job...I'm on some fairly strong pain meds so constipation is almost an inevitability for me.Having tried everything under the sun, including suppositories, my GI consultant told me to try Milpar - it's available OTC at the chemist, a mixture of milk of magnesia and paraffin...and it works! doesn't taste too good, but not too bad if you mix with water...anyway, I doubt that the taste will put you off if it's that bad!best of luck!Eva

1 - 4 of 4 Posts