Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.I've been checking in on this bulletin board for a week or so now and can't believe how many people have this problem. Along with ADD, RSI, IBS, CFS, I guess we are paying the price for a modern society in some way.I am from Western Australia and my 10 year old daughter appears to have IBS. She has been prescribed Colofac before meals as a way of relaxing her colon area. Like most of you these pains seem to be triggered by various woriies/fears eg new start to school year.My mother, sister, elder daughter and I all suffer in some way in this area - IBS, diverticulitis, colitis etc. I have been so much better over the last 12 months or so and after reading all your comments realize the time frame ties iin with when I started taking Prozac!! I'm only on the minimal dosebut there does seem to be a connection.Member LizM seems to be the only one near my daughters age - anyone else out there in that age group? The other thing my girl has problem with is mouth ulcers - which even errupt in her throat. She often gets 2-5 at one time!!I will keep checking this board its a fabulous form.Keep smiling everyone.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ivy, I just went down the noticeboard and saw your earlier post, which answered my question about your daughter!Canu tell me about Colofac or anything which may have helped her - we have an appointment with the gastro in a couple of weeks. Have you tried any alternative treatments?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To Ivy and Liz M,My son has been on Colofac, made no difference to him. He has also had those all those nasty tests and been to about 5 different doctors. Like you said, they seem to lose interest when IBS becomes the final work, Cheers, Sandgroper

1 - 3 of 3 Posts