Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've lurked at this board for quite a while now. I haven't posted much because I'm a blabbermouth on a bunch of internet boards already.But I owe you guys a thank you! I'm not "cured" of IBS, but my symptoms have gotten so much better because of information I've gotten here.For the curious (I know I always want to know what works for other people), here are the things that have helped me the most. It comes down to a few basic things:As little fiber as possible. I had some pretty bad bloating problems that have improved significantly. Not much veggies or fruit. I thought that was mostly a fiber issue, until I read the sage Bonnie's posts about fructose intolerance. Now I think it's a combo.Lactose is a problem too, and so are the sugars in beans, especially soy. Yogurt is a thumbs down.If I eat these problem foods in limited amounts, I feel pretty darn good most of the time. I still get cramps if my stomach gets too empty, or in times of stress. I also drink Ginger Aid tea every day. I don't know if it helps, but I really, really like it!Again, thank you all for being so generous with your wisdom and ideas!Kathy

· Registered
127 Posts
i wish symptons were all caused by the same thing...like for you yogurt is bad yet for some people yogurt helps people out alot! so its kinda weird...im trying all different kinds of things right now but hey at least you are doing better hopefulyl i do also

· Registered
127 Posts
i wish symptons were all caused by the same thing...like for you yogurt is bad yet for some people yogurt helps people out alot! so its kinda weird...im trying all different kinds of things right now but hey at least you are doing better hopefulyl i do also

· Registered
8,963 Posts
Some yogourts seems to be really tolerable.Danone with peachs,hmmmm that is the only one i can eat.
I still don't know if fructose is my ennemy but most of the sugars who attack the teeth are out.

· Registered
8,963 Posts
Some yogourts seems to be really tolerable.Danone with peachs,hmmmm that is the only one i can eat.
I still don't know if fructose is my ennemy but most of the sugars who attack the teeth are out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.