Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have sometimes experienced the feeling of needing to have a loose bowel movement (I've started to recognise it) however nothing happens and I can't go and just feel bloated. Is this common?

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
I don't know about that Autosaver. But mumble I know I have had "false alarms" plenty of times. I just chalked it up to my gut being hypersensitive.. and being viscerally sensitive is an IBS symptom.I would say yeah.. it is common. It is kind of an odd feeling though isn't it? Weird guts we have.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. Yeah I think you're right BQ. Does seem to be a bit of a case of false alarms. Very weird and annoying. Feels like it's going to be loose/D and then nothing but the feeling lasts. So I put off eating etc for a bit. How bizarre. As you say, probably very sensitive systems.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have entire days feeling that way, the burning, churning feeling like at any amount I am going to have explosive D. Sometimes there is just gas. I hate it because I am constantly running to the bathroom and . . . nothing. Usually, I take an immodium, take some probotics, take a Calcium plus D vit, take some fiber and take my liquid multi-vitamins followed by a an organic fruit bar and lots of water. For whatever reason, my gut calms down. If the burning is real bad, I use a steriod suppository to calm my rectal muscles and stop the spasms. So, I think it is very common. If I have to travel and get it, I don't eat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.