Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HiI have IBS-D and was wondering what you take to control it (what calcium products do you take), etc? Does anyone else have IBS-D where you go like 10-20 times a day and sometimes have little notice? Thanks so much for all your advice and helpSarah

·
Registered
109 Posts
Sarah,I have IBS-D and have bought Caltrate 600 Plus it has helped me but I just started taking it but there have been many people who swear by it (Calcium Supplements). I am sure you will get other advice too that you will find helpful as well.Cassandrea

·
Registered
476 Posts
Hi Heatfan, Yes I used to be like you - I had a toilet bound existance up until about a month and a half ago when things eased up slightly. The last 3 weeks have been brill tho, thanks to taking anti-depressants (prozac) and just 2 imodium a day (i still take them as a precaution at the moment, but hoping to stop taking them completely soon!). The calcium seems to help a lot of people, and if my D returns it is something that I want to try. Just so happened that doc recommended Prozac first and they work! Hope you find answers here x

·
Registered
348 Posts
Fed UpI am amazed that you have improved with taking Prozac - that group of anti-depresants SSRI's are well known to cause diarhea! I cam off it last year because of that but as an anti-depressant it is wonderful.

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
heatfan,Send me your email and I will send you the info on calcium so you can print it off and try to follow as close as you can for the best results.It really helps a lot of us.Linda

·
Registered
31 Posts
LNAPE has convinced many of us to try the Caltrate 600. I am another person that has had very good results with this addition to my day. I take one in the morning and one at night (when I remember) and I am closer to normal than I have been in years. An occasional trigger food will set me off but most of the time it is great. Good Luck!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Judith - I KNOW! It's amazing. I guess this is why so many different things work for so many different people! D is listed as a side effect for Prozac, so I was a bit wary, but doc said, please try it, it may help. I'm Ssssoooooo glad I did.

·
Registered
49 Posts
It's good to know that you're not alone, or atleast I'm not alone. I have IBS-D and never know when it might hit. I have been in embarrassing situations before, too. With working and being the mother of 3, it is impossible to stay home all the time. I am still trying to find somthing that works for me. Good luck to you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts