Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry everyone I just had to post this somewhere - today is my first day without ANY pain, the first day in 2.5 months!!!I didn't have a particularly good sleep as I upped my AD's last night (15mg of Lex) AND had a huge dinner sitting in my belly which woke me up around 1am. After an hour of hot-water-bottling I was able to drift off back to sleep though.Breakfast this morning as usual and the usual gastrocolic cramps 15 minutes later as my gut wakes up and decides to get into motion. Sml BM, which was different but I just figured the rest would come later this morning. Driving to work I realised I didn't have the everyday period-pain like cramps, no back ache, no feelings of urgency or 'am I going to make it to the toilets at work?'. What was this??? I was skeptical and so of course went to the toilets as soon as I got in but no BM and no pain. 3 hours later another v.small BM but STILL NO PAIN!I called my boyfriend with excitement and then expressed despair as I started to get paranoid - why is there no pain? Is there something wrong? Did I eat something bad that gives the illusion of healing when really it's going to tear my guts apart in another hour? How long am I going to be pain free for? Eeeek! I guess after living with constant pain for so long you get used to it. I don't know which is worse - being in pain and being used to it or not being in pain and being scared without it?!!! Ridiculous I know!Logically speaking, it could be the increase in my AD's that has reduced the pain (though I wouldn't think they'd kick in so fast) or it could be the new probiotics I've been taking finally having some effect?Anyway I just had to share a breakthrough success story (even if it's only short lived) - I hope someone else is having a good day today as well

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.