Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
to:1. help his GF with her science paper corrections (checking grammar)2. meet with him soon to discuss a future role in his business. He's looking for an assistant of sorts and wants to help me leave my current crappy underpaid job (18-20 hours/week for not too much, no room to advance, pretty stressful... where I'm getting a lot of pressure from bosses and not much flexibility) - in fact they just threw me a curve ball where around Xmas they want me to come in the mornings in a higher pressure role, same in the New Year). But this thread is not about my current job- it's about making a move to find something else. Anyway, I accepted #1 (the grammar project) and asked him to email an initial proposal for #2. The thing is he left me a voice mail today asking if I was available to meet Wednesday and frankly I'm really run down today (I stayed home) after a tough weekend at work (tired too).I just want to rest a bit on my day offs, not commit to a face to face meeting yet. I'm also feeling a bit under the weather and haven't eaten or slept well lately. I know- a basket case. Anyway, my family members know that I can only confirm appointments on the same day- sometimes I have days I can't go out and other days I'm okay.What would you tell the friend about the meeting he wants to have? I would rather evaluate the assistant role remotely at first . When talking to him last week, I asked him to email me some ideas he had on the role he's looking for, tasks, etc... now remember this guy is a friend. He's also a business owner and usually prefers verbal communication.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
What would I tell him??? "Can't wait to see you! So how about something around 1pm???"Then...I'd get to bed early tomorrow night, take some imodium and meet with him on Wednesday with an open mind, positive thoughts & a list of questions regarding the positions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts