Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

A gluten and dairy free foodie with IBS.

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Sammie Jane 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I just found this forum a couple of days ago. I have always had a love-hate relationship with food, thanks to my IBS. It has been, in my opinion, both a blessing and a curse. It initially made me very ill and caused me to develop a negative attitude towards food and eating; however, especially recently, I have it has allowed me to fall back in love with food. And not just food in general, good for my body food, because nothing is more important to me than feeling good from my inside out.
... Literally.
I have been suffering from IBS since I can remember. The earliest age / IBS encounter that comes to mind is when I was about 12 years old and I was eating cereal before bed, as I often would. It was later at night and I almost immediately experienced the most painful heartburn I've ever known in my life.

I am now 28 and believe I have come a long way since eating that late night bowl of Rice Krispies and 2% milk!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.