Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,I was wondering if anyone else tends to haev a clear type of substance, almost like a discharge in their bowel movements. Alot of the time when i try to pass abowel movement, and can hardly go anything i will notice this.alikeith

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey Alikeith
Yeah, that used to happen to me too, it's just mucous and it's nothing to worry about according to my doctor as well. It's just a part of IBS. I don't get it anymore, so yours may go away over time too. But I don't think it's anything to worry about, of course you may want to ask your doctor also just to be sure
Take care!

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
The intestines are lined with mucus producing membranes like your nose and lungs are.The intestines/colon/rectum produce mucus for the same reasons that other parts do. Lubrication and sliming up anything that is irritating so it can be discharged.People with IBS seem to either A) notice the mucus they produce more than other people--as every single person on the planet has some mucus production from back there... OR
may be producing more mucus than normal because well the colon doesn't have all that many options of what to do when irritated or irritable and spewing mucus is one of the things it can do to try to deal with what is bothering it (real or mispercieved).K.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.