Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all. it's been a while...but in that time i have been to the gastro doctor. he talked with me for a long time and he decided i should come in next week for an upper GI (endoscopy). he suspects i may have celiac's disease (sprue).what led him to believe this is my blood test results from last summer, where i tested slightly positive for 1 out of 3 tested antigens(or antibodies... i forget). Anyways, the testing is done for let's say A,B,&C antigens. I tested neg for A&B which are the real indicators, and pos for C (which is rarely positive on its own and is usually pos along with A or
So.. in many cases, the doctors disregard it. However, he recently went to a conference where many docs had discovered people were testing neg for A & B b/c they actually did not even have any in their body!!!!! Now, new blood tests will reveal amounts and not just a pos or neg indication. What this may mean is that i have an intolerance to gluten.Have any of you talked about celiac's with your docs? i can guarantee there are thousand' of people out there who are walking around not diagnosed... so my words of advice...BE PERSISTENT WITH YOUR DOCTORS! i'll keep you all posted next week...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had a test done for celiac's disease a couple weeks ago, but the results came back negative. I thought that may have been a solution to my long lived IBS problem of many many years.But it is back to the drawing board for now. I thought "hey I might have something that can be treated."Regards,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.