Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a sufferer of stomach related issues most of my life. My stomach issues appear to have been inherited from my mothers side since she has the exact same condition. It has gotten progressively worse as I age and so I finally have had enough and want to get to the bottom of it. My symptoms seem to match IBS but I have not been formally diagnosed with IBS. I have an appointment today to start determining my condition so I can effectively treat it. Like most of you in this forum I frequently suffer mild to severe bouts of pain and discomfort normally after a hour or two of eating. I can go for several weeks or months without any serious problems if I eat correctly and exercise. Usually my symptoms flair when I am emotionally stressed, especially family related stress. When I am stressed or depressed my breathing becomes shallow and my stomach muscles are tense. I think talking to other sufferers and getting information on treatment will be a big help for me, and I hope to share any positive treatments with you during this quest to get better and become a human being who can enjoy life.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have been a sufferer of stomach related issues most of my life. My stomach issues appear to have been inherited from my mothers side since she has the exact same condition. It has gotten progressively worse as I age and so I finally have had enough and want to get to the bottom of it. My symptoms seem to match IBS but I have not been formally diagnosed with IBS. I have an appointment today to start determining my condition so I can effectively treat it. Like most of you in this forum I frequently suffer mild to severe bouts of pain and discomfort normally after a hour or two of eating. I can go for several weeks or months without any serious problems if I eat correctly and exercise. Usually my symptoms flair when I am emotionally stressed, especially family related stress. When I am stressed or depressed my breathing becomes shallow and my stomach muscles are tense. I think talking to other sufferers and getting information on treatment will be a big help for me, and I hope to share any positive treatments with you during this quest to get better and become a human being who can enjoy life.
hi. I too am a newbie. The best place to start is with your doctor. The world of gastro problems is vast. Many symptoms of one disorder can mimic those of another and sometimes it can be a daunting journey to a diagnosis. As you can see by this website however (which lead me to find my own diagnosis and ultimate return to good health) there are endless success stories. My advice to you is to listen to your body first and formost. I you find that treatments prescribed are not helping, do not become complacent. Do not "live with it". Those of us with gastro disorders must accept what we have...but can do much better than to "live with (translation.."suffer with") it. If whatever treatment you may be prescribed does not improve your condition, SPEAK UP. If one doctor doesn't listen find another and another and above all....read! Investigate!Listen to your body keep track of symptoms and what you deem are symptoms. There is help. Be patient and good luck. Wishing you returned good health.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts