Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this on another of the sections but haven't heard anything.I am a new IBS sufferer who was diagnosed last year. I had a colonosopy that was clean.I had been taking Zelnorm but for obvious reasons didn't refill my prescription. Lately, I've been feeling pressure or heaviness, perhaps what bloating feels like, in my upper abdomen -- just below the sternum. It seems to come and go. It usually isn't that painful but more of a discomfort. Sometimes I will feel a little sharp knife-like pain but that is infrequent. The heaviness or pressure seems to last for hours and hours.I have also noticed some mucus in my stool lately.I occasionaly feel discomfort in my sides -- in the lower rib cage region. It is like a tightness or crampiness and sometimes can feel worse than that.I am also constipated.Does anything I've described sound like stuff you have had with IBS? (I will say that I've been drinking more coffee lately and under more stress.)I am also a hypochondriac so pains like this make me worry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.