Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went off the pill and now I'm expecting my first pill free period. Without the pill I never know how many days apart my periods are - so that's not my concern.Anyways my period seems late because I had menstral cramps on Sunday (today is Wednesday) and then my period never came. I'm pretty sure I'm not pregneant because my boyfriend and I havn't had sex since I went off the pill (since my last period).I'm really bloated thought and it feels like its coming - its just that I've never had cramps as a sign of PMS before. Any ideas?

G

·
Sometimes I get cramps up to a week before my period. I also get hot flashes for about 2 days. Its rather annoying but my docotr says everyone is different. My cramps are mostly in my lower back and I get them a bit in my lower abdomen.Have you asked your doctor about this? My doctor ran tests on me to make sure nothing was wrong. I had to go off the pill though because my periods were lasting almost the whole month. I was always fine on the pill but then it changed. I had a laproscoptomylast summer. That is were they go in through your belly button with a small camera and look around to make sure nothing is wrong.I was fine but I have to live with the cramps and hot flashes. You should see your doctor if you have not already.good luck!

G

·
Sometimes I get cramps up to a week before my period. I also get hot flashes for about 2 days. Its rather annoying but my docotr says everyone is different. My cramps are mostly in my lower back and I get them a bit in my lower abdomen.Have you asked your doctor about this? My doctor ran tests on me to make sure nothing was wrong. I had to go off the pill though because my periods were lasting almost the whole month. I was always fine on the pill but then it changed. I had a laproscoptomylast summer. That is were they go in through your belly button with a small camera and look around to make sure nothing is wrong.I was fine but I have to live with the cramps and hot flashes. You should see your doctor if you have not already.good luck!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Sometimes it can take a while for your cycle to "normalize" after having been on the pill for a while. Since you just recently stopped the pill, it is probably nothing to worry about. Of course you want to keep your doctor informed of everything going on with your body, but what you are experiencing is not at all unusual. If your period doesn't come back after several cycles, and you are not pregnant, your doctor may try to induce it with hormones.Good luck. ~JR~

·
Registered
332 Posts
Sometimes it can take a while for your cycle to "normalize" after having been on the pill for a while. Since you just recently stopped the pill, it is probably nothing to worry about. Of course you want to keep your doctor informed of everything going on with your body, but what you are experiencing is not at all unusual. If your period doesn't come back after several cycles, and you are not pregnant, your doctor may try to induce it with hormones.Good luck. ~JR~

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I get 2 or 3 days of cramping, then 1 day or no symptoms, then the next day my period starts. This has only been in the last few months though and I think it's because of some other illness which may be affecting my hormones.But just to say, that it's probably your hormones adjusting after coming off the pill. If you don't get your period over the next few weeks though check it out with your doctor?take care,susan

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I get 2 or 3 days of cramping, then 1 day or no symptoms, then the next day my period starts. This has only been in the last few months though and I think it's because of some other illness which may be affecting my hormones.But just to say, that it's probably your hormones adjusting after coming off the pill. If you don't get your period over the next few weeks though check it out with your doctor?take care,susan

·
Registered
207 Posts
I am on my 2nd month of no pills. I am very bloated a week before my period. The cramps shuld be coming soon. It takes a 3 month period of time for you body to competely adjust being on a new pill or getting off one. I am counting down the days for my 3rd month to get here so i can get back on a pill. I can't handle the cramps, mood swings and the bloating.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I am on my 2nd month of no pills. I am very bloated a week before my period. The cramps shuld be coming soon. It takes a 3 month period of time for you body to competely adjust being on a new pill or getting off one. I am counting down the days for my 3rd month to get here so i can get back on a pill. I can't handle the cramps, mood swings and the bloating.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.