Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havent had any physical test but the two doctors I have seen both point my symptons toward IBS but im not sure.Am I correct in thinking that the stomach pains you all suffer vanish after going to the toilet? If so then Im convinced that I dont have IBS as my pains are there almost constantly. Some days it's mild to not at all but mostly its always there. However its not excrutiating pain. I also suffer shooting pains around the sides, back and front.For some time my visits to the loo have been normal which is nice but I just cant get rid of the constant dull/shooting pains around the abdomen/sides/back.Thanks allMike

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Not everyone has pain that goes away after a BM, but for those who have mostly rectal hypersensitivity (the rectum just HATES being full and as soon as it is empty it is happy again pattern of this issue) the "goes away after a BM" does occur.It may happen for most IBSers, but certainly no where near ALL.If you are over-responsive to other stimuli (like you moved) the pain can be at many other times.The biggest "it may not be IBS" pain is does the "constantly" continues when you are asleep and will be so severe it wakes you up from a sound sleep in the middle portion of your sleep cycle.Most of the IBS pains tend to be worse when the colon is active (day time) and tend to vanish at night when the colon "sleeps". Some IBSers still have pain in the middle of the night that wakes them up, but it is usually rare.K.

·
Registered
487 Posts
nope my pains are there pretty much all the time and is not relieved after going to the toilet. Sometimes the pains are so bad I have to go to the hospital to have morphine ( thankfully this only happens once or twice a year ) But I have pain most of the time every day.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply everyone. Its a releif to know im not the only one that has pain all day. In asnswering kmottus's question, I have never been woken up with pain. I guess I will never know for sure until I have a proper internal examination. Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.