Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am IBS A and really wish we had a section here on the BB for IBS-A people. I think we have unique problems, especially w/anxiety. IMO to much or to little of a good thing is especially bothersome, as is never knowing which way things are going to go.Its a #### shoot, pun intended

· Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lately i tend to be on the C side. When I have D its not very D like (meaning loose and watery-sorry to be gross). rather I can poop on some days up to 9-12 times over 3-4 hours, all formed. I see an IBS xpert who floored me when she said I am D due to the frequency. I can also go, sometimes more than once and still "feel" C. I can and do for several days w/out going. When I was younger and was first diagnosed w/IBS (I always tended to be a "stomach person" growing up)I was D predominant. When i was pregnant with my son I didnt ever have a formed stool. i had terrible trouble gaining weight. After he was born and for 3 yrs after I was D predominat and lost weight.I started taking fibercon in 1990, which helped my D become formed and like I said before I started w/this new gastro I thought I just pooped alot or was C. My pain has been helped by taking low dose elavil which works better w/paxil by making me less anxious.

· Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think I obsess more when I am C (today is actually a "good day" so far)because in the back of my mind I fear getting a bowel obstruction. I had major abdominal surgery twice, once 18 yrs ago c-sec and 3 yrs ago a left adrenalectomy. I know one is more likely to get an obstruction after having had abdominal surgery but I'm hoping that the more time that passes w/out one the less likely it becomes. But my SIL had an abdominal hyst over 15 yrs ago and last yr she had a bowel obstruction so I suppose you can never say never.I wish Jeff would see this cause I know a lot of us would like to have a special section on the BB for type A.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.