Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am new to using a forum. I hope I am doing this correctly. I feel compelled, though to write today, as I truly believe it is because of this forum and all of you who have posted on it that I have my health back today. I am 48 years old. I am a happily married wife of 22 years, a mother of 2 great kids and a grandmother of a beautiful 1 year old grandaughter. I have had a very blessed life. I have, however, due to genetics have lived with IBS-C for many years. Over the course of the last 7-8 years though, my symptoms slowly, but steadily escalated. I'm sure you all know the story....doctors visits, laxatives, antacids, drink more water, eat some fruit, have and endoscopy, and of course...ultimately, "It's all in your head" "It's stress, anxiety, depression.....etc". Then comes the Zoloft, Klonopin, Zanac.... You know the drill. My symptoms never improved. On June 30th all that changed. My doctor diagnosed me with a bacterial infection in my uterus. She prescribed Flagyl. Curious as to how this infection developed I looked on line. In my haste, I forgot to type in the word uterine...thus only typing bacterial infection. What came up was a page dedicated to SIBO and its link to IBS. This ultimately lead me to his forum and I began reading. I read for a week. What I learned and discovered from all of you brought me back to life. I have to admit that I have not had a hydrogen breath test. However, everything I read made sense. Chronic constipation will lead to fermentation in the gut, including the small intestine. Having the benefit of Flagyl for the bacteria in the uterus and reading all your posts and learning the correct diet for SIBO, has cleared me of every symptom. I have lost 26 lbs. I have energy back. I have intimacy back (I stopped taking the antidepressants). The only sad news is that upon trying to discuss my findings with my doctor, she would not give the idea of SIBO any consideration. Unfortunatelly her arrogance prevented her from looking into a possible reason for her own patient's major improvement. I have since found a new doctor. It is this website and all of you who have taken the time to post your symptoms, experiences and advice that lead me to investigate and find my own way back to good health. Today is Sept. 14. I still feel wonderful. I am aware that this condition, as with IBS must be kept in check and is not curable, but I am happy to say I think I am on the right track. I hope all of you who are still seeking will soon be well. Please SHOUT to your doctors if you are not improving! SEEK...FIND! and be well. God Bless

·
Banned
7,295 Posts
Sheila,Thank you for sharing your story. I'm sure some others will be encouraged by it.It is encouraging that you found a different doctor that you can work with. In some areas this is no easy feat!I hope you continue to see improvements in your health and quality of life.Jeff

1 - 2 of 2 Posts