Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
"if it's not one thing it's another"...you sure got THAT right!!! sometimes i wonder how we all make it through each day with all the yuckies of having ibs (and whatever other health problems, because ibs rarely comes by itself) then not to mention how STUPID people are and what STUPID comments they make and they think they are really "showing us the light". i sure hope you feel better!!!~mrs. mason

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
"if it's not one thing it's another"...you sure got THAT right!!! sometimes i wonder how we all make it through each day with all the yuckies of having ibs (and whatever other health problems, because ibs rarely comes by itself) then not to mention how STUPID people are and what STUPID comments they make and they think they are really "showing us the light". i sure hope you feel better!!!~mrs. mason

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Mrs. Mason. That's really nice.Luckily, Mr. JennT is very understanding most of teh time. He doesn't have IBS, but he has enough sensitivities and allergies to at least "get it".

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Mrs. Mason. That's really nice.Luckily, Mr. JennT is very understanding most of teh time. He doesn't have IBS, but he has enough sensitivities and allergies to at least "get it".

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Jenn, do you have an air purifier? I have a "tabletop" model about 1 foot square, and it makes a big difference to my allergies. It might be just the thing to clear the air for you. What a drag to have all that happen!!!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Jenn, do you have an air purifier? I have a "tabletop" model about 1 foot square, and it makes a big difference to my allergies. It might be just the thing to clear the air for you. What a drag to have all that happen!!!

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
.also some people set themselves up (if they have the space in the home) a "clean room" where they go to read, watch TV etc ina clean environment...no carpets, hard floors easile kept partical free, Julias air purifier with HEPA filtration running at all times(OK they buy their own)vinyl or leather or other such furniture which can be wiped clean and dust free easily...etc.I had very close friend who lives in the inhalant allergen capital of the south (Central Georgia-South georgia...My god have never seen such pollen counts) who cut his meds by 2/3 by keeping a clean room.Just a thought..MNLPSif you don't have the book below its a good reference for many things including avoiding xross reactions between things for allergic people...what food-plant allergen for example are cross reactive."FOOD ALLERGIES AND FOOD INTOLERANCE: THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO THEIR IDENTIFICTION AND TREATMENT", Professor Jonathan Brostoff , M.D.. Allergy, Immunology and Environmental Medicine, Kings' College, London http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/089...6487508-3420903

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
.also some people set themselves up (if they have the space in the home) a "clean room" where they go to read, watch TV etc ina clean environment...no carpets, hard floors easile kept partical free, Julias air purifier with HEPA filtration running at all times(OK they buy their own)vinyl or leather or other such furniture which can be wiped clean and dust free easily...etc.I had very close friend who lives in the inhalant allergen capital of the south (Central Georgia-South georgia...My god have never seen such pollen counts) who cut his meds by 2/3 by keeping a clean room.Just a thought..MNLPSif you don't have the book below its a good reference for many things including avoiding xross reactions between things for allergic people...what food-plant allergen for example are cross reactive."FOOD ALLERGIES AND FOOD INTOLERANCE: THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO THEIR IDENTIFICTION AND TREATMENT", Professor Jonathan Brostoff , M.D.. Allergy, Immunology and Environmental Medicine, Kings' College, London http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/089...6487508-3420903

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've got a good HEPA tabletop filter in the bedroom. It works just peachy for about 600 square feet (which is approximately the size of my top floor). I feel much better today, too.But all those blowers blowing dust out of the carpets, plus the drywall bits and insulation bits, plus springtime alder pollen (my neighborhood *is* called Alderwood Manor for a reason), plus the fact that my HEPA vacuum cleaner is DOA and we can't buy a new one until Monday (when we get the check from the insurance comapny) made me a very unhappy camper for about two days!Also, the Celexa seems to make me slightly more sensitive to all my allergies and intolerances. But it's so cool in controlling the depression/anxiety that it's worth it! I do feel a lot better today though. Thanks for the support!Oh, and a small fact that made my day yesterday. I went to the mall with a friend to get out of the house for a while, and discovered that Orange Julius now has a dairy-free smoothie!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've got a good HEPA tabletop filter in the bedroom. It works just peachy for about 600 square feet (which is approximately the size of my top floor). I feel much better today, too.But all those blowers blowing dust out of the carpets, plus the drywall bits and insulation bits, plus springtime alder pollen (my neighborhood *is* called Alderwood Manor for a reason), plus the fact that my HEPA vacuum cleaner is DOA and we can't buy a new one until Monday (when we get the check from the insurance comapny) made me a very unhappy camper for about two days!Also, the Celexa seems to make me slightly more sensitive to all my allergies and intolerances. But it's so cool in controlling the depression/anxiety that it's worth it! I do feel a lot better today though. Thanks for the support!Oh, and a small fact that made my day yesterday. I went to the mall with a friend to get out of the house for a while, and discovered that Orange Julius now has a dairy-free smoothie!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.