Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you go to the FDA meeting be sure to mention that it was playing around with zelnorm that led to the discovery of the molecular defect.Actually novartis may abandon zelnorm in pursuit of a cure for the defect?This might be worth another campaign for basic research. I know you don't have the time and energy for this - I certainly don't - but maybe there are others who might want to lead a campaign like this?Since it would be for basic research iffgd and doctors might have less hesitancy about joining than they did for lotronex?tom

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote:novartis may abandon zelnorm in pursuit of a cure for the defect
Logic?

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote:novartis may abandon zelnorm in pursuit of a cure for the defect
Logic?

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote:That's where the money is
Zelnorm is where the money is. When a drug company embarks on a novel substance, it generally takes 5-7 years and more than a hundred of million dollars in expenditures and if the drug bombs at trials, all that time and money is lost. This doesn't mean Novartis isn't or wouldn't be making this investment, but to simply give up on Zelnorm merely on notion of a potental avenue of research would be a sure way to bankruptcy.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote:That's where the money is
Zelnorm is where the money is. When a drug company embarks on a novel substance, it generally takes 5-7 years and more than a hundred of million dollars in expenditures and if the drug bombs at trials, all that time and money is lost. This doesn't mean Novartis isn't or wouldn't be making this investment, but to simply give up on Zelnorm merely on notion of a potental avenue of research would be a sure way to bankruptcy.

·
Banned
7,295 Posts
Sounds like a bit of a stretch if you ask me. I would say that Novartis is interested in pursuing Zelnorm at this stage. It is generally well tolerated and has helped a great many individuals. Why abandon something that works?Jeff

·
Banned
7,295 Posts
Sounds like a bit of a stretch if you ask me. I would say that Novartis is interested in pursuing Zelnorm at this stage. It is generally well tolerated and has helped a great many individuals. Why abandon something that works?Jeff

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.