Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! This is my first time posting-I have had IBS-C mostly, but sometimes it is IBS-D as well. I was wondering if anyone else has had these pains where it starts in the morning (it happened once at night), and so it can't be from anything i ate, and they're really bad...the last time I had them, they lasted for 12 hours and I took Percocet, and it didn't even really help. They get progressively worse, and then they just stay constant for awhile. And it's not like I feel constipated b/c i go to the bathroom, and the pain doesn't go away. I went to the emergency room once, and they did an x-ray of my stomach which said that my colon was dilated with gases. And the doctor actually seemed surprised when he showed me the x-ray, as if I was making up the pain or something. Does anyone know what causes this? I can't figure it out...I am a nutritionist (will be a registered dietitian soon), and I really don't think it can be from anything I'm eating, unless it's a really delayed reaction. Thanks,-K

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi K and welcome,I know what you are talking about. The pain is quit real. Sometimes my bowels have been so sore I can't stand straight up and walk. And the soreness takes awhile to calm down again. IBS is tricky. I hope you get others posting on this I don't think I answered your question.Take Care,Lindalu

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, my pain finally went away around 6:30. And when I say pain, I don't mean the usual ibs pain, i mean pain where you can't speak or sit up or move around at all, and it's constant for many hours!!! I guess I'm alone on this one...i'm really sick of this. I'm on amitryptilline, zelnorm, and hyocosamine(as needed), but nothing helps this pain except strong narcotics, which I don't have.-Kelly

·
Registered
27 Posts
Kasta, this is exactly what I've been going through lately...I've had IBS-D for 40-some years, and this started in February, never happened before. What happens to me is the pain gets really intense and then I vomit. My emergency room trip x-rays have shown just what yours did...distension from gas or air. However, I got no static about the reality of the pain, just a lot of frustration for nice Drs and nurses who just didn't know how to help. So< I'm no help to you, but you're not alone...and assorted docs are pretty sure it's another manifestion of stinking IBS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.