Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been for anther session with the chiropractor, and it has been suggested I see my doc about an ultrasound. In the course of massaging my stomach and fixing my ribs she and her hubby were marvelling over my aortic pulse which is very strong, and when he pursued it further...recommended an ultrasound.Anyone have an experience like this?Kylie

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yes, I am a physician and a strong abdominal pulse is a poor indicator, but may be diagnostic of an aneurysm. It also happens in a lot of people without an aneurysm. Don't be alarmed, it's more common than we think. An ultrasound test is inexpensive and since they've planted the seed, for your piece of mind, you might do it. Also, they are more uncommon under 60. Hope this helps, Dr David Dahlman, Cincinnati

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote:Yes, I am a physician
You are? Your web page says you are just a chiropractor.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
"Just a chiropractor"???? Flux, your prejudices are showing again. A Chiro is fully within their rights to the title of Doctor. We all know YOU are not a Doc, yet you respond to a message to "Dr Flux" and never correct the person..... Feeling a little weird about that yet?(Ok, 'nuff flux bashing, I probably just started something .... AGAIN) [This message has been edited by maggiew (edited 03-05-2001).]

·
Registered
133 Posts
Dear Mr. Flux, Please see Ohio Revised Code Section 4734-1-16, "Conduct of Practice", article B which states:All licensees practicing chiropractic in Ohio shall use the word(s)chiropractic, chiropractor, chiropractic physician or the initials D.C...............This will not be true in a few states. Some Chiropractors don't want to call themselves a physician. That's their right. In is quite common in the states where it is written into their Conduct of Practice. Your inexperience with this matter or your predjudice against chiropractic shouldn't obscure the message. Let's be nice, for I won't fight with you. Hope this helps. Dr David Dahlman

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
The way that code looks to me is that chiropractic physicion is OK, it doesn't look like physician without the word chiropractic is.I think most people would assume if you simply say physician without the word chiropractic in front of that you you mean M.D. which is different then D.C.I think it would mean for less confusion if you used the full term chiropractic physician as it is written in the Code of Conduct you provided.K.------------------I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Kylie, My father-in-law had an abdominal aortic anuerysm(sp sorry
). He had it for quite some time. His Dr. monitored it every so often w/an ultrasound. He measured it & determined when surgery for removal was warranted. Eventually it grew enough for surgery to be necessary. The ultrasound is a great diagnostic b/c it is so non-invasive. I'm sure it would set your mind at ease to have it investigated. Maybe it will turn out to be nothing & the ultrasound, from what I understand, is fairly definitive. I'm aware of other people in his family that had them & had no surgical intervention. I guess it depends on the size?? Don't know. I'd go ahead & ask my Doc about it. Nothing to lose by asking.
BQ

·
Registered
216 Posts
The doctors at the emergency room thought that i had an aortic anuerysm because of the strong beat(pulse) that they felt. However it was a false alarm and I was told that very thin people usually have that strong pulsating beat. Needless to say I was scared to death and I was at the emergency room because of all of my stomach troubles which turned out to be IBS!!

·
Registered
568 Posts
My father at age 76 underwent surgery for this. He thought he had an ulcer since he had a history of them and his Doc thought so too. He had ulcer-like symptoms but one wierd thing, he started feeling full all of the time and then couldn't go to the bathroom.Had the upper and lower G.I.-nothing. Then they did a procedure (sorry don't know what it's called) but a tube down the esophagus I think, and lo and behold they found the aortal anuerism(SP?). He was operated on within the week and today is a very healthy 82 years old!!! No stomach symptoms after that. The Lord works in mysterious ways! Good luck to you and get everything checked out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone for your input,I feel better now, and with what I've read I must be a pretty low risk case anyway - so maybe it's just my trim tum? (not!!
)Thanks again,Kylie
[This message has been edited by Kylie (edited 03-05-2001).][This message has been edited by Kylie (edited 03-05-2001).]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.