Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from my gastro. Have been diagnosed with ibs & diverticulosis, (have had endoscopies, colonoscopy, abdominal ultrasound.) I still experience a lot of pain (even with medication.) My doctor has now ordered a CT scan of my abdomen. Has anyone else had one of these? Although doctor said he feels it will be normal I'm still scared!

·
Registered
23,983 Posts

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Heather, ct scan is good for checking vital organs.Librax is mild, what others have you tried?There is always the fear in testing. I personally believe why worry until you have to as it just adds to the anxiety>symptoms and there is nothing you can do about it anyway. The peice of Mind you get when the tests are over and you except IBS as the diagnoses comes in stages I personally believe.If I think everyday I am going to get hit by a bus what does that do to my mind and body? If I get hit by a bus, I am gonna get hit by a bus, but I am going to try not to think everyday that I am gonna be hit by a bus.------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forumI work with Mike and the IBS Audio Program. www.ibshealth.com www.ibsaudioprogram.com

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Eric. This forum has really helped me get through some rough times. It's wonderful to know I'm not suffering alone with this. I've tried donnatol and levid but both give me a rash if I take them more than a few days. Bentyl helped some but made me feel "very strange". Yesterday the doctor gave me samples of robinul (and I've started taking caltrate.) My gastro did say that if the test comes back normal, which he expects, then I must accept the IBS diagnosis and focus on getting it under control. Thank you, I will definitely use the links you gave me. I have the test in two weeks and get the results the following week.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Eric. This forum has really helped me get through some rough times. It's wonderful to know I'm not suffering alone with this. I've tried donnatol and levid but both give me a rash if I take them more than a few days. Bentyl helped some but made me feel "very strange". Yesterday the doctor gave me samples of robinul (and I've started taking caltrate.) My gastro did say that if the test comes back normal, which he expects, then I must accept the IBS diagnosis and focus on getting it under control. Thank you, I will definitely use the links you gave me. I have the test in two weeks and get the results the following week.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Heather, I too, go in for another ct scan (my third) on Thursday. Thef irst two were done before my IBS really got serious so just to make sure nothing has changed he's going to do one with iv and contrast. He says he's pretty positive everything will be ok. I understand your concern tho as I will worry until I get everything all cleared up.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Heather, I too, go in for another ct scan (my third) on Thursday. Thef irst two were done before my IBS really got serious so just to make sure nothing has changed he's going to do one with iv and contrast. He says he's pretty positive everything will be ok. I understand your concern tho as I will worry until I get everything all cleared up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.