Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 21 years old and I have been having abdominal pain for most of my life. Ever since I was a little kid, I have had trouble going to the bathroom and severe abdominal pain almost constantly. Sometimes I would go a month or two without going to the bathroom, and that is still how it is for me today. I have been to several doctors, had all kinds of tests done and everything has come back normal. My symptoms and pain have gotten so bad that I can hardly eat anything. I have not been able to eat solid foods for over three years. For the past seven months I have resorted to eating baby food because it is the only thing I can keep down. Everything else I end up throwing up shortly after I eat. My stomach is constantly bloated or swollen. I cannot do anything without feeling extreme pain. I have not been able to hang out with friends in almost two years. Laying down is the best thing that I can do. The doctor I was seeing pretty regularly has given up on me and told my mom that he thinks I am making the whole thing up. I am at a total loss at what to do. I am sick of going to doctor after doctor and getting the same results of them not being able to help me. If anyone has any suggestions, ideas, comments, or anything they know that can help me, please let me know. I am so frustrated at this point because I feel like everyone around me is giving up because this process has been so long and horrible. I want to be able to live my life and not be confined to my bed all the time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I haven't eaten solid foods in a long while either. Something I noticed that you didn't put down was exercise. You should try walking - even a little bit - every day until you can work in up to more than that. It will help you to feel better and to get some more fresh air than you seem to be getting. Good luck with everything and I hope you start to feel better!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am so sorry to hear you have been suffering your health condition since you were a child. That must be awful, but I know where you are coming from. Although I do not have the same problem as you, I have been suffering extreme gut pains since I was 20 (6 years ago). I have begun taking a product called VSL #3, check it out this might help with some of your problems. Although today is the first day I have started taking this, I will let you know my progression. I posted a topic under General Discussion, take a read of it. It might put your mind at ease abit and know that you are not insane in the head or imagining it. I know what it was like for me being told the same thing. I wish you all the best with your health condition. James

1 - 3 of 3 Posts