Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay. Starting off with the basics, I'm a sixteen year old girl. I am a hypochondriac and I have anxiety issues. I'm terrified of death, surgery, doctors, anything medical! I've always been known as the one who thinks she has every disease and sickness, but about three months ago, towards the end of May, I was getting these pains in my right lower abdomen, like my pelvic area. They are hard to describe, but it wasn't like a completely unbearable pain. It was just a dull, random, sometimes throbbing pain. More like uncomfortable. But of course as soon as I got it I went into panic mode thinking it was my appendix. Appendicitis is one of my biggest fears. Anyway, the pain was everyday, not always constant, but I got it throughout the day for about two weeks, then my parents decided I needed to see a doctor. So I went to my doctor and after pressing on my stomach and abdomen and what not she ruled out appendicitis (just poking me and telling me that it's not isn't exactly reassuring) She said it could be a cyst on my ovaries, so she sent me to go get a pelvic xray and an ultrasound. After looking at the results she said it wasn't a cyst, but just constipation so she put me on miralax. Of course, since I am a freak with medical-ness, I couldn't believe that it was constipation. Weeks went by, I was still getting the pains everyday. I was on vacation with my family and on the ten hour trip home I was miserable. I was getting cramping in my stomach that would not go away and a constant pain in my appendix/ovary area. I had no appetite either. (not to mention a day before I left for vacation I got pharyngitis, but that was going away due to being on amoxicillin, not sure how to spell it) So when I got home that night my neighbor, who is a nurse, came over and checked me out. She told my parents it could be appendicitis and that they better take me to the emergency room. At this point I'm not only in pain, but I'm freaking out and convinced I'm going to die. You may be laughing at my extremeness and heck, I can laugh at myself too, but when I get into these "episodes" of health concerns and fear of dying or having some disease, there is no stopping me. So I get to ER, after what felt like hours they get me back in a room. The doctor came in and all of sudden...I feel better. It was out of no where and I was literally frustrated because I was facing my fear and going to find out what was wrong with me. He checked me out, pressing my stomach and all and made me jump. He was also impressed with the medical stuff I knew, being only sixteen, he said I spend too much time reading things online. Haha. Anyway, he sent me to get a few xrays and after they came back fine, he said I could leave. I did have a fever during this too. He said if I was getting the pains again or my fever spiked, come back in. So on our way out the nurse took my temperature one more time and to my luck....it spiked up. The doctor put me BACK in the room and said he wanted to run more tests and what not. So I got blood taken, urine tests, and a CAT scan. They gave me the stuff to drink for the scan and all of a sudden after feeling constipated the whole day I got diarrhea. So after hours and hours in the ER, tests came back fine. My concern was chronic appendicitis. He said it COULD be, but probably wasn't. Which in my mind means it is and I'm doomed. So they came to the conclusion it was a virus. Which made no sense. But whatever. I went back to my doctor the following day, still having the cramping in my stomach and pain in my side. She said it was mettleshmertz. I know I spelled it wrong, but it's something to do with your ovaries. Which AGAIN, made no sense because my "pains" that I get radiate. They move all around. Sometimes they are in my lower right pelvic/abdomen area, sometimes a bit higher, sometimes in my side, sometimes by my bellybutton and all. It moves around and the feeling changing. Sometimes it's dull, sometimes it's sharp. And occasionally I get random pains in my left side, but definitely my right side more. And like I said they are every single day. So she put me on naproxen and said that was it, really. But this is just SO frustrating and upsetting for me. I live in constant fear and pain of not only not knowing what it is, but also when am I gonna get another pain. My mom has noticed I walk around with my arms and hands glued to my right side and stomach. It's sort of like a "comfort" thing I guess. I don't know. None of this probably makes any sense since I've rambled so much. But yeah. No one should have to live in constant pain or fear. No one. It's miserable. I've had to skip out on sleepovers and parties and hanging out with friends because I'm so scared it's going to happen and no one will do anything and I'll end up dying. But I've been reading for the past few days about IBS and it sounds somewhat like it. I do get constipated frequently, i guess. I mean I've never paid too much attention to my BM's, now i should I guess, but still. I don't know. If you have IBS do the pains I described sound similar to IBS pains? I know that after much reading people with IBS are miserable as well and even though I'm not sure if I have it, I totally feel for ya'll. SORRRYYYY this is so long. But if ANYONE can help, I'm desperate. I can't take living like this anymore. My doctor has made a list of people she wants me to see about my anxiety and all which only makes it worse because that means somethings wrong and all and UGH. It's too much for a sixteen year old. It's too much for anyone.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.