Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here, and this is my first post, so I'm a little confused as to how this works,but I'll take a shot.About a week ago, I realized I had these wierd diarrhea urges, which happen sometimes, but truthfully hardly, and I figured it was something bad that I ate. So I went, then went to bed, and yada. Well, that night I was still feeling stomach gurgling, and throughout the next few days I still felt the same pains, intensifying each day to the point of where I just couldn't move. And I'd go, and it'd be kind of like diarrhea, but still wouldn't help me feel any better. So far, I don't have any changes in my appetite that much, and I haven't changed anything that I've eaten, even since I started feeling sick.The diarrhea feelings have been just getting worse and worse over the days, and this is the first time in my life where I've felt it for longer than a few hours. It's starting to make going to work and school really uncomfortable, and to the point where it wakes me up in the night, me being in pain.A bit of back history... ever since I was around 3 I've always had constipation, to where I could only go about once a week, and I've handled it fairly well, taking some laxatives and medicines to help smooth it out. I've been managing fine even with that for many many years, and I'd never had any pains like I do now.Now I just feel awful, get terrible abdominal pains every 10 minutes that last several minutes, and have had the most inconsistant stools that are nothing like they have been before, and this has lasted for 6 days.I'm afraid to go to a doctor to have it checked out, and I thought I'd seek advice from here, since I just can't figure it out.If this helps, I'm female, and 17 years old.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Could be a GI infection but if it has gone on this long you may want to see a doc. It may be something you need some medicine to get fixed up.And if it is something else new going on, better to get that looked at sooner rather than later.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts