Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I have been told by my GI doc I have IBS. Over the past 4 years years i have had an Endo ,Colonoscopy,Scan with contrast, gall bladder test etc, all normal. I currently have mild abdominal pain/cramps that sometimes feel like a burning sensation wild mild bloating, that aren't too bad. I also have pack pain just above the waist mostly on the right side(more like a cramp), sometimes on the left. Had a blood work to test kidney function it returned normal. I take nexium once a day and also librax. I was wondering if anyone had similar symptoms, or suggest any good tips.Thanks Guys

·
Registered
50 Posts
I get the same type of abdominal pain - I would describe it as a burning as well. Once in awhile a sharp cramp, but mostly a feeling that my colon is filling with air and then settles into a vague burning feeling. If I touch it, it is not tender and I usually cannot locate one particular tender spot, it feels like whatever is going on, is deep in there. And yes I feel bloated as well. I get the back with it sometimes, but not always. The only thing that ever eliminated it completely, was elavil, 12.5 to 25 mg. I am having a major flare up of the ab pain this last 3 weeks and cannot find a reason /trigger. Last night I doubled my normal elavil from the 12.5 to 25 mg, and I am still not feeling much relief. I have tried several probiotics and all of them make things worse to the point that I cannot continue longer than a week. Wish I had some good advice for you but I am still searching for something to help me manage this.My GI prescribed levbid but I am afraid to take it due to the side effects. Is librax similar and does it work for you?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hi both,I get pain like that but in my left side, anywhere between the bottom or my ribs and my hip. Can defo feel like a burning pain at times, as well as achey, prickly, tingly also. Get bloated at times too.. Pain can quite oftern be felt in my back also. mostly feels like the pain is on my side.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts