Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I get the same type of abdominal pain - I would describe it as a burning as well. Once in awhile a sharp cramp, but mostly a feeling that my colon is filling with air and then settles into a vague burning feeling. If I touch it, it is not tender and I usually cannot locate one particular tender spot, it feels like whatever is going on, is deep in there. And yes I feel bloated as well. I get the back with it sometimes, but not always. The only thing that ever eliminated it completely, was elavil, 12.5 to 25 mg. I am having a major flare up of the ab pain this last 3 weeks and cannot find a reason /trigger. Last night I doubled my normal elavil from the 12.5 to 25 mg, and I am still not feeling much relief. I have tried several probiotics and all of them make things worse to the point that I cannot continue longer than a week. Wish I had some good advice for you but I am still searching for something to help me manage this.My GI prescribed levbid but I am afraid to take it due to the side effects. Is librax similar and does it work for you?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.